Side Chapter 1: Yuki's hangout with Kiyotaka

Yuki POV

After grabbing Kiyotaka by the arm, I dragged him out of the cafeteria and started heading to Keyaki Mall for our da-*Ahem*, our hangout as completely platonic friends. While heading there, Kiyotaka opens his mouth to speak.

Kiyotaka: "Where are we going exactly, Yuki?"

Yuki: "To Keyaki Mall, there is so much we can do there." Keyaki Mall has many facilities such as an arcade, a shop for clothes and makeup, etc.

Kiyotaka: "But why did you exactly take me with you without asking if I even wanted to come or not?"

Yuki: "Hehe, because I wanted to." I also did it because he would not go with me otherwise, but he doesn't need to know that.

Kiyotaka: "*Sigh*, fine, let's get this over with." We then entered Keyaki Mall. The hall was very spacious. Many people were present here and checking out many different items from different shops. My nose caught the aroma of many foods as well a beautiful fragrance that the entire hall was trenched in. I explored the place with Kiyotaka and we soon found a clothes shop. I then went in there along with Kiyotaka and saw that there were many types of clothes for both males and females.

Kiyotaka: "What are we exactly here for?"

Yuki: "To buy clothes, of course." We first went through the female clothes for me. I chose a few clothes for myself and then headed to the changing room.

Yuki: "Alright Kiyotaka, I'm gonna wear these clothes one by one and you are gonna tell me how I look in them."

Kiyotaka: "Huh? Why do I have to do that?"

Yuki: "I need some outside opinion on how I look in these clothes." Well, not really. I just want him to see me in these clothes.

Kiyotaka: "*Sigh*, fine." I went to the changing and came out wearing a black dress with a hint of gold.

Yuki: "How do I look?"

Kiyotaka: "You look pretty good."

Yuki: "Great!" I then went back to the changing room. I kept asking his opinion on different dresses but he kept saying the same response. It was so frustrating! I even wore a bikini and he literally responded with the same sentence! After that, I just gave up and decided to buy all of them.

Kiyotaka: "Huh? Why are you buying all of them? Didn't you just want one?"

Yuki: "Well, since you said that they all look good, I'm gonna buy all of them. Now it's your turn."

Kiyotaka: "Eh? What do you mean?"

Yuki: "It means that we'll be buying clothes for you now."

Kiyotaka: "But I don't want-" I'm not gonna let him refuse!

Yuki: "No, I insist!" I then dragged him to the male section and selected clothes for him myself. I gave him the clothes and took him to the changing room.

Yuki: "Now go to the changing room and change to these clothes. I will tell you how you look in them, got it?"

Kiyotaka: "*Sigh*, yes, miss." Hehe, it's fun bossing him around. He then went to the changing. After a while, he got out wearing a butler outfit I had picked for him. AHHH! HE LOOKS SO COOL! C-calm down Yuki, act totally composed. You can't let him know that you're fangirling over him.

Yuki: "It looks pretty good. Now try this one!" Slowly, I made him try out all the dresses I picked for him and he looked ho-cool in all of them. However, the dress I liked the most was definitely a beach outfit. It even made me nosebleed.

Yuki: "Let's buy this one for you." I said while pointing at the beach outfit.

Kiyotaka: "Alright. But may I ask why this one specifically?"

Yuki: "Simple. You look good on this one the most."

Kiyotaka: "Got it." We then went to the cashier and registered our clothes. Of course, Kiyotaka paid for both of us. Well, mainly because I thre- *Ahem*, warned him that I would cry in front of everyone, thus, creating an uncomfortable scene.

Yuki: 'Aren't I the sweetest girl in the world or what?' Anyway, we then exited the clothing shop. After a little while, we entered an arcade. Over there we played many games such as the crane game, air hockey, etc. We then left the arcade and while exploring a little more, we found a restaurant which we decided to enter. We then ordered some ice cream and started waiting. I took the chocolate flavor whereas Kiyotaka took vanilla. I wonder if he'll like ice cream. It's most probably his first time trying it, so I have high hopes for him. While waiting, I told Kiyotaka about how Shiro made me reveal my affiliation to Sakayanagi-san to protect his own true affiliation as well as the chess match I was gonna have with Sakayanagi-san, to which he listened very carefully. It seems that he was trying to analyze everything I said as much as he could, not that I really care about that. We also talked about a little bit of trivial stuff before the ice creams finally arrived. Together, we started eating our ice cream. After taking the first bite, I asked...

Yuki: "How is it?"

Kiyotaka: "It's really good." He replied, his eyes twinkling with a bit of satisfaction, which only a keen observer can notice.

Yuki: "I'm glad to know you like it. Now tell me which one's better; the ice cream or me."

Kiyotaka: "Eh? Um... I would say the ice cream." ... What?

Yuki: "*Gasp*! How could you do this to me, Kiyotaka!?" I asked in exaggeration while clutching my chest, to which he simply shrugged in response. After we finished the ice cream, we paid for it and left. We then left Keyaki Mall and started walking outside.

Yuki: "Kiyotaka..."

Kiyotaka: "Hmm?"

Yuki: "Did you have fun with me today?" I asked with my voice trembling a bit.

Kiyotaka: "..." He remained silent. Of course, he didn't. After all, he didn't feel anything, even back then. I simply asked that to get it out of my chest. I won't be too sad if he says-

Kiyotaka: "Who knows..?" Huh?

Yuki: "What?"

Kiyotaka: "Who knows? I'm not really sure. Although, I just might've actually had fun." I see. So the answer isn't just a blunt no, huh?

Yuki: "...Thank you, Kiyotaka." I said with a smile on my face, to which he just nodded. I then checked my watch and saw that it was currently 5: 47 p.m. Oh, wait! I'm gonna be late!

Yuki: "Alright. That's all for today. I have to go to the library now. See you later, Kiyotaka."

Kiyotaka: "See you." I then quickly ran to the library in a hurry, but not before looking back at Kiyotaka with a smile.

Yuki: 'It's so good to be reunited after all this time, Kiyotaka.'

________________________________________________________________________________

(1103 words)