"Yeah, I got the same thing," the guy ahead of them announced. He must have known them, because the causality in how he slipped into their conversation hadn't stirred a negative reaction out of the two girls. "I knew there was something I wouldn't like about the new principle."

"I've got a whole lot of reasons to hate that stupid bi-" the drill team girl stopped herself, "brat."

"Okay, now..." the man from behind the door trailed off. Dismay washed over his smile at the amount of people waiting for a chance in his office. The short man of a councilor stepped back, "All of you have a green summons paper?"

The students grumbled in response, some more agitated than others.

"Excuse me," Kayla called out, weaving through the line, "I don't have a summons!"

The closer she got, the more detail she saw on the man. The glossed forehead that simmered with sweat made just about anybody question if they even had air condition his office. She halted in front of the soaking councilor, who was now glaring at her disapproving. 

He huffed."I'm sorry, but you're gonna have to wait just like everyone else."

"I'm only here for a schedule change." An irritated grunt whimpered through the crowd of people behind her. "It'll only take a second, it's one class."

He cleared his throat, scratching the back of his neck. For a quick second, Kayla caught a sight inside the man's office. She scanned the content inside of his room for a moment, till her eyes fell upon the poster of Burn Me pinned on the white walls-her father's first success-and not too far away from that, another poster of Talk like Bullets. This guy was a big fan.

"I'm sorry," he apologized half-hearted, "but all I can do for you now is write your name down on the list of students who also want schedule changes." He flipped through his clipboard, "What's your name?"

"Kayla."

"Full name."

She bit her lower lip, not wanting to say it. She knew what would be the man's reaction after she said her full name. It was the same reaction like everyone else, but unlike in most cases, she added her middle name for a bigger reaction. "Kayla Lee Chambers."

He muffled a laugh, writing her name on his clipboard, "Like Stefan Lee Chambers, that's funny. Do you get that a lot?"

"All the time," she shrugged nonchalantly. She cleared her throat, knowing she had to do the one thing she would've hated herself for doing in any other situation, but she had to get out of that stupid class. "Given the fact that he's my father, I guess it's okay to get that comparison."

A hush swirled through the group behind her. She didn't dare look over her shoulder to see who was looking at her. Though she didn't checking, she could still feel the burning stares of dozens. It drilling burning holes at the back of her head and caused a lump to form in her throat, just like earlier that morning.

She was going to regret this moment forever; she knew it. It was a mistake; a mistake that she'd forever try to take back and fix from this point on. But now, as she stood before this sad sweaty man, she knew it was much too late.

She eased herself out of thoughts, getting her attention back on the councilor, whose eyes had glossed over, star struck. "Really? It's a pleasure to meet you," he stuck out a hand, grabbing for hers. "I'm Mr. Jennings."

"It's nice to meet you too," she plastered an insincere smile, shaking his hand back.

"Doesn't his step-son go here?" someone hummed behind her. "What's the big deal?"