Chapter 7: Student Council and Solving The Class Leader Issue

Shiro POV

We arrived in front of the student council office. After I arrived, I saw Ichinose and Katsuragi standing there as well. Seems like they reached here before us. I then heard a groan come from my left. I turned to see Yuki who seemed disappointed after seeing them both ahead of us.

Shiro: "What happened, Yuki?"

Yuki: "They came before us... I wanted to arrive first and win the race..." She replied dejectedly. Race? We weren't competing in any race as far as I know.

Shiro: "We weren't racing anyone, Yuki."

Yuki: "I was! Plus, look at their faces, holding such proud looks over their victory, it hurts my pride!"

Shiro: "Yuki, neither of them has a proud face." Ichinose was waving at us with a bright while Katsuragi only glanced at me and turned away. There's no way those faces could called "proud faces".

Honami: "Hey Takahashi-kun, Yuki-chan! How are you guys doing?"

Yuki: "We're doing great, Honami-chan! Right, Shiro?"

Shiro: "Huh? Um, right." I was a bit surprised by Yuki's mood swiftly going from gloomy to smiley, but quickly composed myself when Yuki looked at me with a "bright" smile.

Shiro: "Anyway, why haven't you guys entered yet ?" I was curious as to why they were just standing there rather than going inside as if they were waiting for something.

Honami: "Well, Tachibana-senpai told us to wait here until they got everything organized. We've been waiting here for a minute."

Yuki: "We should have left two minutes ago." I heard some faint whisper.

Honami: "Did you say something, Yuki-chan?"

Yuki: "No, nothing!" You're terrible at pretending, Yuki. There's no way she's gonna fall for-

Honami: "Oh, okay." Wait, seriously? Oh, she's simply pretending to fall for that, understood.

(A.N: She isn't pretending at all.)

I then approached Katsuragi.

Shiro: "What position do you wish to hold in the council, Katsuragi?" This would definitely be a good time to ask this question. I might be able to get some info about his choices.

Kohei: "Well, I'll see after I get accepted, might just take the job as secretary or something else. Not really sure about it." Interesting. Very interesting. It seems that Katsuragi has doubts about whether or not he'll be accepted into the student council. Though, I'm sure about the position I'm going to choose.

Kohei: "Although, I'm curious as to what position will you choose if you get selected."

Shiro: "Well, let's see which positions are currently available." I'm not planning to tell him about my desired position yet. He'll probably find out after I get accepted. Suddenly, the door opened and Tachibana-senpai stepped out, addressing each of us.

Akane: "Looks like everyone is here, sorry to keep you waiting. The president is currently waiting for you." We all nodded and entered the student council office. There, we only saw Horikita-senpai sitting on his desk and no other student council member seemed to be present except for Tachibana-senpai. I wonder if he even knows that his sister is currently studying at this school. His face seems to be almost as cold as hers. Must be a thing between siblings.

Shiro: 'Or a more interesting matter.'

Manabu: "Good Afternoon. Sorry to keep you waiting, I had an issue so I had to resolve it first." Huh? Wasn't he alone in the room with Tachibana-senpai? Maybe they were having a heated argument...?