Chapter Eighteen

Neo looked over at Patrick who walked with confidence, Neo couldn't help but already feel uncomfortable. They walked into the mall, and it was very crowded. Patrick looked over at Neo and held out his hand. Neo went to grab for the hand that was offered to him, but he decided not to, and he placed his hands into his pockets. Patrick dropped his hand and walked over to the elevator. He pressed the up button and once the door opened, he allowed Neo to go in first and then he followed. Once the elevator reached the fifth floor, they both got off. Patrick looked around and then back at Neo.

"There seems to be a few good stores up here. Which side do you want to start on? Or do you prefer a circle?"

"Oh... uh... let's just do a circle." Neo spoke out. He was extremely distraught since he does not like public places. The two men start to walk to the right. They passed some shoe stores, a music store, and soon they decide to go into Earth Bound. Neo had a soft smile planted on his face due to him being in one of his favorite stores. Patrick followed him into the store and decided to look around. Neo went to the jewelry section and saw their new collection of birth sign rings. He looked through the section and eventually found his sign and his ring size. He tried it on, and it seemed to match his other rings he was wearing. He slid the ring off and placed it into the small basket they had available, He kept walking around and eventually found Patrick. He was looking at himself in the mirror while trying on different types of button-ups. Neo watched and leaned against the wall. Patrick tried on a black and grey tribal based button up and Neo smiled. It looked good on Patrick. It matched him. Patrick looked over at Neo and smiled.

"I am guessing you like this one. You did not smile at any of the other ones I tried. Looks like I am getting this one." Patrick took the shirt off and placed it on his forearm. HE walked back over to the button ups and grabbed the same design, but one size smaller. Neo was confused due to Patrick not being a medium. They both kept walking around and eventually decided they were finished in the store. Once at the counter Patrick took what he was buying and what Neo had in his basket and placed it on the counter. The employee rang it all up and placed it all in the same bag. Patrick pulled out his card and looked at Neo. In between his index and middle finger was a black metal debit card. Patrick handed it to the employee and soon the two men were leaving the store with their items.

"Good start so far. Where else you want to go?" Neo and Patrick walked around the circle some more before Neo spots one of his favorite stores. He brightened up and looked at Patrick.

"Can we go in there? If the smell bothers, you then we can skip it." Patrick was confused until he looked over and the entrance into Bath and Body Works was to their right. Patrick groaned loudly. He hated that store with a passion due to the horrid smell. All the different scents combining into one made him physically ill. He looked back at Neo. Patrick sucked on his top teeth before answering Neo.

"For you yes, we can go. Let's try to keep the perfume side to a minimum. I can handle the candle section much better." Neo let out a soft excited squeal before he quickly walked into the store. He grabbed one of the baskets the employees were giving out. Patrick followed suit. Using this time to learn what scents Neo liked to use and what scents Neo liked in general. Neo walked over to the hand sanitizers first and picked out ten different scents. He mainly went for apple, vanilla, and coconut-based scents. He looked at Patrick every few bottles he sniffed and handed it to him. Patrick sniffed it and said yes or no to if he liked it. Patrick realized that Neo has only gotten scents that Patrick has said yes too. It made him smile. It made him soften his gaze and allowed himself to enjoy the interactions between him and Neo. He could not stand the smells around him, but when Neo asked for his opinion all other scents disappeared and the only one that mattered was Neo. Eventually they walked over to the men's section and Neo grabbed his favorite cologne and then looked at Patrick. He leaned in and took a whiff of Patrick before he walked around the table and picked out two scents that smelt like Patrick. Patrick furrowed his brows questioning what Neo was up to, but he did not want to question it. He could not figure Neo out. One minute Neo wanted nothing to do with him, and then the next Neo is choosing out lotion and body wash that smelt like Patrick.

"Are you doing, okay? I am trying to go fast, but I really love this store."

"Yes love, I am okay. Do you need any lotions? Do you need any of the car smelly things they sell?"

"Ooh- I do need lotion. Only if they have the apple or the vanilla one, I like." Neo walked over to the middle section of the store and examined everything. He eventually chose 'Apple Honey', 'Warm Vanilla Sugar', and 'Coconut Cucumber'. Neo did not allow Patrick to smell due to not wanting to give him a headache. Patrick was happy due to him watch Neo smile and enjoy himself. They walked into the candle section and Patrick picked up a candle box. He was ready to buy candles. He noticed what scent Neo got in lotions and decided to grab those in candles. He also walked around and picked up any candle that Neo sniffed and made a happy hum to. Neo looked over at Patrick and walked back over to him.

"I am ready. I need my wallet though."

"Your wallet? I'm sorry? Did I not express that I was paying?"

"Well yeah, I have almost two hundred dollars' worth of stuff in my bag and I just don't think-"

Neo did not get to finish what he was saying before Patrick grabbed Neos bag and placed it on the counter with his candle box. Once everything was paid for and packaged up, they both left the store. Patrick now holding five bags. He looked down at Neo and Neo has a poutful look. Patrick chuckled at Neos expression.

"Fine, next store I will allow you to use your own money."

"Thank you. You have done a lot for me, and I don't want you to overspend or what not on me. Thank you for joining me in the store. I hope it didn't give you a bad headache."

"Oh, the moment we walked in I was hit with a headache, but since I saw how happy you were inside the store, I just let the headache happen."

Neo looked up at Patrick before looking forward again. There were about two more stores they went into on the fifth floor. Once they were done with those, they went to the fourth floor. This floor they only went to one store. They decided to go into Coach. Patrick wanted to see if they had the new bee collection out yet or if it is only online. Neo found the bee collection and called Patrick over. He smiled at Neo and thanked him. Neo smiled back in return. Neo saw the bee men's wallet collection and picked up the light brown one. He opened it and examined it. Patrick was picking out the new bee shoes when he noticed that Neo was really examining the wallet, but once he checked the price, his eyes got huge, and he set the wallet down. Neo walked off and went to explore the rest of the store. Patrick grabbed the wallet and his shoes and went to the counter. He got the wallet gift wrapped and he hid the wallet in the shoe box. He walked over to Neo and placed his free hand on his shoulder. He squeezed some while he looked at Neo.

"Are you ready love? I am getting hungry so if you like we can go eat in the food court and then go to the second floor, first floor, and then Target."

"Oh yeah that's fine. I am not hungry, but I will take a drink." Neo placed his hand on Patrick's hand that was on Neo's shoulder. They walked out of the store, and they use the escalators to get to the first floor. They walked in silence for a few minutes before they enter the food court. There were about ten different restaurants they could choose from. Patrick looked around and then looked at Neo. Neo looked at Patrick.