chapter 2

After opening the door to the room, I see him laying there almost lifeless. " Let's get started". Almost after 1 hour, I was somehow able to pull out the bullet from him, I had to do the surgery without anesthesia, of course it's normal for a ship to not have it. Putting aside the bullet I stiched up the wound with the string I had with me. The operation was almost over, noticing my surroundings now a bit more, I can hear commotion going on on the other side of the door.

Finishing up and cleaning myself as much as possible, I checked on the man one last time before going outside to what was the arguments all about.

" How could you let an unknown person be treated here?!" I heard one of the passengers said to one of the crew member " he's covered in blood, what if he's a criminal?!" The other said. "I know what you are worried about mam and sir, but the possibility of this man being a criminal and a normal citizen is 50 50 , would you like to let him die if he was some kind of undercover agent or secret government spy who got hurt?". They went silent for some time to think what I said about. " But, shouldn't we worry about our safety first?" The man had a point, no one would save a person in return of their lives " I assure you as the one who performed the surgery that he won't be able to walk around before a week, so even if he is harmful, he can't harm anyone ".

" I've called the nearest hospital to send doctors to the shore we are gonna stop tomorrow" the crew informed me " that's a great thing, we wouldn't be able to move him in this condition" I smiled a bit. I bid my goodbye and went inside again, I adjusted the couch there to be able to sleep, I can't leave him right here, he is a special case which needs supervision.

Even though I defended him in front of others , my fear was not totally gone, even though he can't move, staying closer to him would be dangerous.

" couldn't you find another ship to be found by? You had to ruin my day offs right?" I huffed in frustration. I tried to figure out who he is through his clothes. He wore what seemed like ruined blazer set, maybe he was in some kind of formal event, what if he was a groom and the bride's boyfriend or lover shoot him and threw him away to be able to marry his fiance. I knocked my head. Lack of sleep is getting me go crazy.

With a shift I adjusted on the couch and drifted to sleep.

____________________________________

I woke up witha bit of stiff neck, well of course it would happen if you sleep on a couch all night. The knock on the door completely woke me up to be honest.

I looked at the patient, who was still sleeping, I fixed my hair and dress before opening the door. There stood a group of doctors, they asked me to step outside so that they can examine the man.

I did as they told me, I went back to my room . After freshening up, I went in the dining area to eat breakfast, I ordered a heavy meal, I always get very hungry after any surgery, let alone these types. Many people recognized me from yesterday and wished me morning. The table I sat on had two more empty seats, which soon were occupied by two of the doctors who came from the hospital and one was standing. I was a bit offended how they didn't ask for permission before sitting, but I let it slide.

"You're the one who saved him? You're really lucky that it was successful" He laughed as if doubting my skills, I continued eating while conversing " I'm a surgeon, I know how to do this" they were a bit taken aback but let it slide quickly " um, anyway, I wanted to say, we are heading back and he still needs care, since you are experienced, we will leave it to you, also he woke up, we have called his relatives, they'll be here soon" without waiting for an answer they walked away. Rude.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

I was letting everything settle in what was happening with me, thats when the doors opened and a girl with big t-shirt dress walked in "Oh you're awake? You're friends are here, but they have to wait, your wounds are too fresh to move" I just stared at her movements "lets check what those rude oldies did" she murmured.

"You" she looked at me " you kissed me?" She looked confused " huh? Oh the CPR? Yeah if that's how you define it" she went to the other side of the bed still studying the reports.

I swinged my legs and tried to get off bed, but I stiffened up at feeling something metal behind my head

"I said, don't move".