chapter 6

The next few weeks went by without much drama. Curtis explained that I have to stay under protection because his enemy's plan almost succeeded, he almost died, but I saved him, which made me no 1 target for their revenge. Understanding the fact that what's done is done, I tried to make things work. Yes there were nights I cried to sleep, cursing and questioning my existence, but that phase went through surprisingly quick.

I was allowed to do anything and go anywhere outside nearby as long as Lexi was with me, which I never minded. Lexi and I became great friends, she was sweet and caring. She managed the house very well, I'm still taking in the fact that she can fight, what a cool woman. Curtis on the other hand came often to visit me, he would visit me and bring one rose every moment he can get " the only red thing I want you to smell is roses, lifeline " as he would say. He would touch me every chance he would get, not inappropriately but flirty enough. If I was lucky enough, Curtis , I and Lexi would hang around at dinner.

Lexi and Curtis were friends for a long time, after he inherited his father's legacy as mafia, Lexi became his right hand, she would be his partner in crime (pun intended). They never talked about their families, fair enough, I know them just for few weeks.

I tried to contact my friends and family, but I can't, its for their safety, which I understand. But still it hurts to know they are there, but you can't talk to them.

I was drifting to sleep as usual, I am usually asleep by this time but I got distracted by a cat vedio. The not so loud yet audible bang outside , near the other side of the corridor woke me up. Curiosity got better of me, I sliped through the sheets and went outside my room. Everything was dark, except, from one room, from the crack of the door, light can be seen. I tiptoed towards it, and peeked in carefully.

There was a distoriated bloody lifeless body lying on the ground, near him, I assume, him, was standing Curtis with bloody hands and two other unknown men.

I've seen dead body a lot of times in my life, thanks to my job, but this was far way worse. I backed up, stumbling a bit, but succeeded to not make any noise. I went down the stairs to the kitchen. There was a window, thats usually not locked at night.

You climbed up the window and ran, ran for your life, you were getting too comfortable, this is a dangerous world, you have to get out of there, thats the only thought on your mind.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

She was running through the trees and branches, though trimmed from time to time , the night time makes it harder to see. Cold wind slashing through her tired face giving random chills all over her body.

She stopped on her track watching she's suddenly surrounded by many bodyguards making a half circle. "Lifey" He chuckled while coming forward. With his every step forward , she took every step back. Their breaths synchronized together. Little by little the space between them decreased. After hitting her back at the wall, her bare feet rubbed together for warmth. "You wanna run away?" He asked while grabbing the back of her neck with one hand and trapping her both wrists with the other. He sniffed her neck aggressively."Don't worry lifeline, I will let you walk away tomorrow morning, if you can walk that is" His voice darkened with the last words escaping his mouth " because I'm gonna fuck you so hard that you wouldn't be able to stand for the rest of the week".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Double update? Yeah!!

What date are you reading this?

What's your name?

Do you like sushi?

Bye