Bubbles shoulders began to shake and tears welled up in her eyes. That was a more Bubbles reaction Boomer was accustomed to. Instinct took over and he reached out to her. He pulled her into a hug, wrapping his arms around her and resting his chin atop her head. She cried into his shirt, her hands balling the fabric into her fists. "Hey," He whispered. "I'm sorry."

Bubbles hiccupped. She shook her head. Words were failing her.

Boomer ran a hand up and down her back in an attempt to calm her down. "Breathe." If she needed to cry, then by all means he was going to let her cry. Cry it all out if that's what she wanted. He looked over at Blossom and was surprised to see her smiling.

"Shit!" There was a glitching sound over the radio-coms. Bubbles jerked her head back, nearly busting Boomers nose. "Guys?" It was hard to hear Brick over the loudness of his surroundings, and over the static.

"Barely." Blossom responds.

"What's happening?" Bell asked, panic threatening to break through.

"They got--" he cut out. Gunfire and lots of yelling flooded the intercom. "Buttercup-- Butch--"

Skkkk

"...contained..."

"...'m getting..."

"...attemting--"

skkk

"...break out."

Everyone stared at one another. As if someone else could understand the broken words. "Ummm." Blossom pressed her lips into a firm line. "Sorry, Jenkins. What?"

"Oh for fucks sake." That sentence was clear. "MISSION GONE BAD!"

Bubbles gasped. "NO!"

"They're alive..."

"...'m not sure..."

SKKKKKK

"...I'm gonna try to..."

"...Break 'em out."

His end cut out, not before a long string of curses could be heard.

Blossom shook her head. "They're fine. We made plans incase this happened."

"It's not supposed to happen!" Bubbles yelled between a new brought on sobbing.

Boomer patted her back cautiously.

Blossom sighed. Bubbles, when angry, would cry. She was emotional. Always had been. But living at the lab, she'd been subjected to many forms of... well, torture. Emotion was weakness. It'd been beaten out of Buttercup. Halfway strangled out of Blossom. But Bubbles held on to that part of her. She wasn't going to let some asshole in a lab coat tell her how to feel. She knew the consequences. And yet... she continued to feel all her emotions in one whole heaping. She'd follow their rules on physical affection. She'd follow their rules on how she spoke. But she was too much attached to herself to let them tell her how to feel.

"We'll start our walk back. Jenkins will stay in touch, one way or another." Blossom states.

Bell's eyes widened. "They got caught?" she whispered.

"They got caught." Blossom confirmed. "And we have to carry on. Otherwise it'll all be for nothing."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Touch her, and I'll kill you." Butch growled.

Mitch rolled his eyes and pushed Butch into the cell. Followed by another lieutenant throwing Buttercup inside. She stumbled forward, her hands reaching out towards the cell bars to stop her fall.