Interview Showdown

Evangeline's parent were able to get her discharged from the hospital wing shortly after

Evie thanked her parents for coming to see her, and assured them that she was alright. She told them that she would be staying with Sejanus, who was going to wait with Coryo for a while.

"We'll see you at home after the interview." Adelaide gave Evie a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Of course, mom." Evie returned the gesture.

"Be careful, my sweet. I know you'll both do great. Tell Treech we wish him the best of luck." William said as he kissed his daughter's head and grabbed his wife's hand.

Sejanus and Evie watched as her parents left the room.

"Will Tigris be here soon?" Evie asked Sejanus.

"She should be here any minute." He answered.

"Good. I want to see her, it's been ages."

Before Sejanus could say another word, the tall blonde girl was bursting through the doors.

"Tigris!" Evie quickly ran to the older girl before throwing herself into her arms.

"Evie! Are you alright?" Tigris pulled back to take Evie's face in her hands.

"I'm alright, just a few cuts and bruises. Coryo is over there." Evie took the blonde by her hand and pulled her towards where Sejanus stood next to Coryo's bed.

"Hello, Sejanus." Tigris greeted with a smile, reaching out to hold his arm.

"Hello, Tigris." He smiled back.

"How is he?" She asked aloud before taking a seat beside her cousin's bed.

"He got burned pretty badly on his back by a beam that fell from the ceiling, but the doctors believe he'll make a full recovery." Sejanus moved to sit next to her while Evie stood behind him.

"Thank goodness." She let out a sigh of relief, taking one of Coryo's hands in hers.

"He'll be alright, Tigris." Evie laid a hand on her shoulder.

"Oh, Evie. I've been meaning to come see you, it's been so long." Tigris looked over her shoulder to the younger girl, bringing her other hand up to lay on top of Evie's.

"Oh, I know. I've just been so busy lately with my tribute, but I've missed you." Evie responded truthfully.

"Oh yes, I wanted to ask you about that! It must be so hard to send him into the games knowing how you feel." Tigris sighed solemnly.