chapter 9

"Boss, the ambush matter is solved, the attack was done by David, he created the fuss in that party, using the scene, he placed a mole in our security, that mole then shot you, and after investigation we found that the whole party was kind of arranged to kill you" my trusted right hand, agent sleek informed me "David Arnold" that man has some guts to put hand on me. I signaled him to exit my office.

"Arnold family? They are the last one I suspected" Lexi entered the room. The Arnold family never really participated in any kind of power war, so it was indeed odd "in our field, expect the unexpected" she huffed and took a seat "so what are you gonna do now?" Well of course I want to teach them a lesson, but "first we should figure out who else, and which other family is involved" she was smart enough to know what I was indicating too. That family's head, David Arnold is too stupid to come up with such a perfect plan, sure he was smart, but to make this level of plan, its definitely not him. It could be anyone, his family members or any other family involved "I'll take the lead about this investigation" her determination can be seen on her face "no Lexi, you rest, I'll send someone else" she took my hands and rubbed them " I insist, this concerns your and Olivia's safety, I'll do it myself " my words will not stop her "okay"

A knock was heard on the door "come in" a servant girl came up, whom I said to inform me about lifeline's steps "um, sir, miss Olivia, kissed a boy" she bowed down her head. The anger inside me boiled, my Lifeline kissed another boy?.

I made my way down to stairs to see my lifey with a servant boy or whatever, he's not important enough to remember,  he still held her cheeks with his hands "are you sure you're ok?" She simply nodded "OLIVIA!!!" I just wanted to end that boy then and there, but I told my gaurds "take him to the dungeon" .

I took Olivia's hand and dragged her towards the kitchen "Curtis! What are you doing?!! Let me go!!" She screamed and struggled to free herself,  but she can't. "What is on the stove?" I asked the maids "s-soup and-" I cut her off by dragging Olivia with me, with a swift movement, I pushed her hand to touch the hot pot, burning her wrists, at the same time, the hot steams made a lot worse burns "PLEASE CURTIS I BEG YOU, LET ME GO!! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!!!" her agony somehow pleasured me "SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT BEFORE KISSING THAT GUY LIFELINE!" She was crying, a crying mess "I NEVER KISSED A GUY HERE, PLEASE ITS HURTING, AHHHH" that somehow made me come back to my senses "What?" I let go her arm as she fell on the ground holding her hand, crying in pain.

The next few minutes went on investigating what happened. Turns out, the boy was trying to help lifeline to look for the dust particle in her eyes, which from the angle the maid saw, looked like they were kissing.

I messed up, "lifey" I called her, but she just went to her room and slammed the door behind. With a lot of sweet talking, I finally managed to convince her to get it bandaged. "I never knew how to act normally, this is all new for me, please teach me lifey" that's what melted her heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My cat is really sick, so here is a short update

Bye