49. New Guests

6 MONTHS LATER

 Aryaman-Maitri and Aviraj-Nidhi were home for vacations again after 6 months.

"Ready?" Maitri and Nidhi looked at each other worriedly.

"I am not sure of this" Nidhi said chewing on to her nails in nervousness.

"Same" Maitri sat down beside Nidhi and both the ladies took in deep breathes.

"We will need to check this" Nidhi said looking at Maitri.

"Is it a must?" Maitri looked at Nidhi standing up and looked away from her.

"Ayeeee, can we both stop please scaring each other" Nidhi said pulling Maitri beside her.

"Together?" Nidhi asked as they both crossed their fingers.

"Done" Both stood up and walked to the washrooms with their pregnancy kits. They stayed in the washroom panicking about the outcome.

"Nidhii" Maitri ringed Nidhi from her phone who picked up immediately.

"What if Maan and I are not ready? I can't handle glass plates how will I handle a child?" Maitri closed the toilet seat and sat on it, extremely worried.

"I am thinking same. What if I and Avi aren't ready for such a huge responsibility? What if the child grows up to hate us? I am scared" Nidhi looked at herself in the mirror nervous about the outcome on the pregnancy stick. Both the ladies remained silent, trying to figure out their emotions.

"I think two minutes are done" Maitri said, rubbing her hands together trying to make them warm.

"You tell me what yours says when I do a countdown, I'll you mine" Nidhi said gulping down the saliva.

"Ready?" Nidhi asked to which Maitri hummed.

"3...2...1" Nidhi did the countdown.

"POSITIVE" Both of them shrieked in shock and went completely silent.

"I don't know why but I am crying out of happiness" Nidhi confessed seeing the two pink lines on the pregnancy test stick.

"Me too" Maitri said bursting into more tears as she smiled seeing the stick.

"Why are we crying?" Maitri asked as she laughed and washed the pregnancy kit and wrapped it in a tissue paper.

"Probably because we are mad" Nidhi did the same and walked out of the washroom. Both the ladies dumped the sticks in the garbage directly so no one sees it and walked to the balcony and hugged each other tightly.

"Congratulations to-be mom" They wished each other and smiled widely and spent a few minutes breathing in deeply and enjoying the bliss of the good news.

"How are we breaking the news to the family?" Nidhi asked Maitri who looked at her confused as she had no idea.

 "We could call all for dinner and then break it to them" Maitri suggested.

"That's a good idea for starters but we can't just say that 'Hey guys we are pregnant' that's just so simple" Nidhi whispered looking around if anyone heard them.

"I think I have an idea" Maitri said while smiling widely.

"Call everyone for dinner" Maitri said with a wink as she left the balcony to tell the chef to cook specific dishes.

"Hey wait!" Nidhi suddenly remembered something and stopped her. Maitri looked at her confused.

"Tonight is the night where we all meet, friends and family for dinner" Nidhi reminded her.