𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟐𝟗 - 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆

Three of them sat at the back of a taxi vehicle, Lan Wangji and little Lan still feeling a little skeptical about the functionality of this carriage. Well, Little Lan seemed rather curious and amused, unlike his master. There were no horses, or donkeys, or any other kind of big animal pulling the carriage. And yet, it simply moved.Lan Wangji came to the same conclusion as Wei Wuxian did three years ago: there must be some kind of magic doing the task. Now, which magic? He wasn't sure, but he was totally not thinking about combustion engines, in which air and gasoline are mixed.

Little Lan on the other side soon got distracted by the view outside, and by how scary the skyscrapers were. They looked like a way toward heavens.

The driver's eyes shifted toward the rearview mirrow to take a better glimpse from the two peculiarly dressed clients. "Is there some sort of cultural event nearby? Are you heading there?" He asked, clearly just wanting to satisfy his own curiosity. There was no mocking intent in his tone. Initially, Wei Wuxian had been very aware of the attention he was getting when dressed in his normal robes. However, despite the clear difference between the dress code of the inhabitants of this world and his traditional clothes, there hadn't been big reactions except for simple stares or the act of taking pictures - if we exclude his apprehension by the police. Wei Wuxian had considered this world to be quite flexible and open-minded toward strange things. However, later on, he realized why people - despite staring at him a lot - seemed rather fascinated and not bothered. In fact, there are a lot of cultural events where people dress up with traditional robes, for example the Hanfu. And this is only one of the multiple cases where people will dress this way. 

This means that Wei Wuxian didn't encounter problems dressing up the way he used to, except for the fact that it would become weird if he did it every day. Lan Wangji was visibly confused, which means that his brows were furrowed and his lips unsealed, trying to find what he should say. Instead, Wei Wuxian leaned a little forward and nodded.

"Yeah! But we are heading back home now."
He explained, feeling bad for the lie but oh well, he's been lying to some degree about his whole story for the last three years to get by. "Ah I see! I knew it" He stated with a contented chuckle. "You guys are well dressed, and you, young man, look handsome in traditional clothes! It looks so real, almost as if you came out of a history book."
Lan Wangji was stupefied, and so once again, Wei Wuxian did the talking. "I know right? I told him that too" he said with a wide grin, saving the other from a potentially awkward moment.

The taxi vehicle soon drove out of the busy street and entered the front area of a luxurious-looking building. It was safe to assume that Wei Wuxian was either rich from birth, or becoming someone quite important. Unlike Lan Wangji and Lan Yuan, the taxi driver understood it quickly.
"There you go." He said after stopping the car in front of the large entrance, and Wei Wuxian leaned forward to hand him the money.
"Thank you for the ride" Wei Wuxian answered quickly but with a smile. He seemed in a rush, so the driver stopped himself from asking if he was perhaps some kind of celebrity. After Wei Wuxian quickly stepped out, he walked around to the other side and opened the door for Lan Wangji and his little disciple, who unfortunately still didn't know how to open this bizarre door.

"You live here?"
Lan Wangji asked after he stepped out, and saw the enormous and tall house in front of him, already asking himself if Wei Wuxian made himself emperor during the last three years.
"In one minimal portion of it" Wei Wuxian admitted with a nod. Looks like he wasn't an emperor after all. "Alright follow me" Wei Wuxian told them before heading inside the main entrance, and Lan Wangji followed a little reluctantly. It was especially visible through his body language, because none of his arms were crossed behind his back. He looked around and caught sight of the few people around them. Fortunately, since most of the residents here knew Wei Wuxian, they assumed that these people were simply fellow models as well. Perhaps they were photoshooting for some historical-related theme and project.
"Don't worry- just follow me" Wei Wuxian reassured the other man, almost as if he had read his mind. He walked up to the elevator door, and clicked on the button. When the metallic doors opened, he was even more bewildered. Wei Wuxian turned to look at little Lan and smiled at him. "Come on, let's go in" He told with a small sign of head. Little Lan looked up at Lan Wangji, who ended up reciprocating the confused look. Wei Wuxian's brow quirked up in confusion, as if he did not understand where the hesitation was coming from. Why would anyone fear walking into a strange-looking cube?