Gone

Evie quickly made her way down the steps outside, glancing around for any sight of either tribute

Evie quickly made her way down the steps outside, glancing around for any sight of either tribute. She figured Coriolanus had already seen Lucy Gray, so they must still be around here somewhere-

"Evangeline!"

Evie turned her heard to see Lucy Gray standing next to a peacekeeper, about to be hoarded into a large van.

Evie had never been as happy as she was to see the girl unharmed.

"Lucy Gray!"

Evie took off running in her direction, the short girl waiting with a grin.

"Hey! You're not allowed to-"

Eye rolled her eyes at the sound of the peacekeeper beside them.

"Oh, shut it!"

He seemed taken aback by her tone, but relented, "Just let me talk to her for a moment!"

"Sorry, Miss Sweet." He nodded before stepping away.

"Oh, Lucy Gray I'm so glad you made it." Evie could cry tears of happiness, taking the younger girl's hands in her own.

"Me too." She grinned back, squeezing her hands. Evie let her eyes drift down to their intertwined fingers but her gaze stopped on the leather wrapped around her wrist.

"Where did you get that?" Evie questioned, pointing the her sister's bracelet that sat on Lucy Gray's frame.

"Oh!" The girl exclaimed before dropping Evie's hands and beginning to unbuckle the leather, "I promised Treech I'd get this back to you."

"Treech gave this to you?" Her voice came out breathier than she had wanted.

"Well, more like he let me borrow it," The covey girl chuckled lightly, "He put it on my wrist on the ride to the arena. Said it was a symbol of our alliance and if anything happened to him... he wanted me to get it back to you."

Evie could feel tears building in her waterline at her words. Treech cared about that old bracelet that much?

"Thank you." Evie whispered before putting the bracelet back in its rightful place, on her wrist.

"Of course. Have you seen Coriolanus?" Lucy Gray asked, eyes peaking over the taller girl's shoulder for a glimpse of her mentor.

"No, I'm sorry. I-"

She thought back to her conversation with Highbottom. Was he still inside? Had he already been sent him to pack? Should she tell Lucy Gray?

"I, uh, haven't seen him since you and Treech were announced as winners." Lucy Gray seemed disheartened but nodded her head in understanding.

"Oh."

"I'm sure he'll find you soon. Have you seen Treech?"

Evie let her eyes trail to the van, but it was empty other than the peacekeepers.