˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ what is idol junior?

idol junior was a survival show that that had the goal of creating the perfect global/korean kpop group. except, the idea was to have a group made up of children to show that anyone could be an idol if they wanted to be.

and the first step to achieve this goal was junior trainee programs.

these programs went from 2006 to 2016 and was open to anyone born on or between the years 1998 and 2008. however, most of the trainees were born 2000 to 2007.

several entertainment companies had these programs, and they were stationed all over the world to make it more accessible to the global part of their plan.

these programs all came to an end on the first of july, 2016.

four days later, on july 5th, auditions and recording for the show began.

there was approximately 150 trainees competing, 75 from the global side and 75 from the korean side.

these trainees auditioned either solo or with others. after their auditions the judges would place them in in levels a,b,c or d, depending on their skills and how good they are.

after the auditions there was the signal song test.

each trainee would have to perform the signal song with their level.

after this, no one gets eliminated, but the trainees get reassigned levels.

for example, if you were in k-c and you performed really good, you would go up to either k-a or k-b. (the k is for korean; the global trainees have a g in front of their level) you can also go down a level if the judges think you did poorly.

round one: korean culture test ━━ in this round, both groups would have to perform a song that was strictly korean. this round will test the trainees' knowledge on the korean culture, customs and language.

each level would be assigned a song, and the same levels from each group would have the same song. k-a and g-a would have the same song, k-b and g-b, etc etc.

some groups are bigger than others, so the bigger groups would be split into two.

fifty were eliminated in this round.

round two: collaboration challenge ━━ in this round, contestants have to collaborate in mixed groups in order to demonstrate team work and adaptability.

out of the 100 trainees left, the trainees who were in the top 13 during the first round of eliminations were able to choose their groups. then, together each group would choose one of the thirteen songs they were given.

after this round 25 trainees were eliminated.

round three: global fusion performance ━━ in the global fusion round, contestants are tasked to blend kpop elements and global music elements.

this includes music from the west, china, japan, and the various other regions the global trainees come from.

they would have to take a already existing kpop song and changing it to add a global twist.

again, twenty five trainees were eliminated in this round.

round four: original content creation ━━ each group, chosen by the top 13 once again, are tasked to create and perform original content. this includes lyrics, music, choreography. everything.

20 trainees are eliminated after this round.

round five: fans choice ━━ in this round, there are five original songs unique to idol junior.

then, the groups are chosen by the fans, hence "fans choice".  

it is up to the fans to choose which trainees suit each song. when trainees are given more than one song, which song has the most votes is given to the trainee.

however there were only five to a song, so if the slots were filled then they would go to the second most voted song they were given.

in this round, there are no eliminations. instead they are reranked and go straight to the finale.

in the finale, there are two songs, with fifteen contestants to each song.

each trainee would choose the song they want and the position as well.

however, this was like a push battle.

if another trainee wanted a spot that was already taken, they have the choice to push them out of the position and take it to themselves.

except, they could only do this to someone who has a lower rank than them, since they went from rank thirty to rank one.

now the pushed trainee couldn't push someone else out of there position, so they have to choose an already empty spot.

this went on until all the spots were filled and all the trainees chose.

the show ended october 20th, 2016 after almost four months. almost two months later, the group debuted.