Sunset Lake

Treech sat in one of the rooms at the hospital with his leg bouncing anxiously

Treech sat in one of the rooms at the hospital with his leg bouncing anxiously. His finger had practically healed itself, but he made a show of saying it was still bleeding and wanted to be seen anyway.

"And I want to be seen by Evie." Laurel rolled her eyes at the younger boy.

"Why does everyone want the capitol girl?" Laurel eyesd his suspiciously.

The boy just shrugged in response. So they stuck him in room five and told him to wait.

This was such a stupid idea, he thought to himself.

He heard a swift knock at the door before smoothing his hands over his jacket, trying to fix his hair. What if she wasn't even here?

What if she was?

Suddenly the door opened and his mind blanked for a moment.

She really was here.

"Hello, my name is Evie and I'm-" She froze at the sight of him, neither one of them knowing what to say now that they were face to face again.

She hasn't thought he would show up so soon. Sure, Terrance seemed more than excited to tell Treech that she was here, but that was less than two hours ago.

Had he wanted to see her that badly?

"I didn't believe them when they said you were here," he spoke, his voice just above a whisper. He slowly rose from his seat, standing at full height.

When she didn't saying anything, he took a step closer.

"I've had dreams like this... that you came back to see me, but I always wake up in the end. And I realize they were never real, just dreams that were too good to be true. So when I heard, I had to come see for myself."

The girl didn't move an inch, still star struck by the boy before her. He looked good. This was the first time she had seen him in clothes other than the ones he wore at the reaping. He wore dark pants with a white shirt, and a brown jacket. Leather work boots and his scarf sticking out of the jacket pocket.

He still had some dirt on his hands and clothes, probably from working in the woods, but he looked cleaner. She could see his features better now, and he was even more handsome than she remembered.

"Can you say something so I know I'm not dreaming this time?" His eyes searching hers desperately for a response.

"I got the bracelet."

Treech's eyes moved to her hand, still on the door, and down to her wrist, where the dark leather sat snuggly.

"Oh." He muttered, "I'm sorry about giving it to Lucy Gray, I just needed something to be a symbol of our alliance. So she knew I was on her side, and I trusted her to get it back to you if I-"

"No, no, it's fine. I get it, don't worry. That was very smart of you, Treech."

Treech missed the way his names sounded falling from her lips. The two stared at each other for a long moment before Treech spoke again.