PROLOUGE 4: SEVEN

*SEVEN

*SEVEN. Star Day*

      The earth was hot, scorching. My weak body sunk slowly into the loose ground below me, desperate for release. The ache I felt was unbearable. Dehydrated, weak, slow, I didn't know how long I could last out here. The sand only made things worse, blowing strongly into my eyes which I constantly had to cover with my hands.

     How the hell was I supposed to get out of here? With no options left, I clutched my body with my left arm, using my right as a shield for my face as I continued my trail to god knows where. I was making good progress though, from when I woke up just lying in the sand I mean. That was only an hour ago and things are certainly looking way worse. But I could do this. Just a little more-

     My legs gave out. A loud thud from my body shook the earth around me, pushing the sand up around me. My pants grew heavier, I still tried. I tried to move, to crawl. Dragging my body across the sand, my eyes burned and the arms felt like anchors. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, my eyes started closing on me.

      Come on.. Fight. I yelled at my self internally, my mouth too weak to formulate the words itself. But none of it mattered. I couldn't move anymore. I was left a lump in the sand, the blazing sun beaming on me. How the hell did I get here?

     I tried. I really did, to remember anything at all but I just couldn't. My mind was blanking and while I knew obvious things like my name, or like reality in general, but everything else was a blur. Personal things. No friends, no family, no origin. Just a lost boy stuck in a desert with no sign of hope.

     The reality of my impending doom hit, tears forming in my eyes. Or at least they tried to. Couldn't get anything out in this heat. Just sobs I covered with my hand to avoid inhaling sand. I was ready to give up. But I felt something. Something that forced me to open my eyes. As soon as I did I saw a figure. Standing before the sun I could see nothing but the silhouette of a woman in a drapey dress.

     "H..elp..." I cried out, forcing my voice. But when I closed my eyes and reopened them, she was gone. The one sense of hope gone in literally the blink of an eye. Had it not been for whatever was glowing in front of me now, I would have closed my eyes and collapsed.

     It was..a star? Four sided star, more like a diamond. It shined like an opal, flashes of various colors gleaming in the cloudy white background, constantly shifting as the star spun in front of me. Something hit me, some feeling of safety. I couldn't just give up now. I didn't want to die.

     I had to do something, I had to keep fighting. A sense of courage spiking in me, I reached out for the star and touched it. The cool crystal like texture providing immediate help to my scorched hands

     But before I could register what was going on, my eyes shut and I felt my body collapse into darkness..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~