Art Show + Meeting Piper's family

In the morning, Matilda got up early at 4:15 am to finish her painting of Piper and JJ to show at a school art show, to tease them, then Matilda puts the painting in the back of the vehicle to show later. Now it is 6:30 am and Piper was awake getting ready for a tedious, mundane day of school, Matilda and Piper then get into the car and their mom drives them to school because she doesn't trust Matilda.

Matilda tried to switch the radio station because their crusty mom can't stop listening to pop (nothing wrong with pop music, Matilda just doesn't like it.) station, and her mom with the chip grease fingers slaps Matilda's hand off the radio and says "Mattie stop, you know I LOVE this station" and Matilda mumbles "Aren't you like 45 listening to pop music?" and her mom says "Yes, Mattie." Matilda just rolls her eyes.

At school Matilda went to take her test and get her report card, she got a 87% on the test and thought to herself "I didn't get at least an A-?! My mom is going to KILL me" Later at lunch Matilda asked her friends, Madison, Clara, Alexandra, and Julia if they were coming to the art show later and they all said yes. Piper did the same and they also all said yes

At the art show Matilda's annoying classmate went first and showed off his win count for a video game and said it was a form of art, Matilda felt like she could have died right then and there of secondhand embarrassment, fortunately it was almost Piper's turn then Matilda would go next. At Piper's turn she shows off a gorgeous ballroom dress she sewed for weeks with lace, pearls, sequins, and jewels. Matilda went next and showed off a 48x62 inch painting of a caricature of JJ being constipated and Piper holding his hand for comfort, the whole audience laughed, Piper rolled her eyes, and JJ was dying of embarrassment. On the way home Piper snitched to her dad about what Matilda did but her dad really couldn't care less, but her mom was livid about the painting; and her "low" grade, but not as mad as she was about the painting. Matilda got all her devices taken and couldn't go out with her friends.

The next day Matilda is upset that her painting has gotten her into trouble, but she gets ready for school with Piper, and gets in the car like yesterday, it is a silent drive to school but she can feel her mom staring through her soul, she walks into the building with Piper, Piper is still mad despite the fact it was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and the sky was blue, there was no cloud in the sky, it looked straight out of a 16th century painting. everything happens like usual, they go to classes, and they talk at lunch.

Piper invites JJ over to meet the rest of her family.

At home they have dinner and at the table their second youngest child, Lance, throws a meatball at JJ and says "YOU CANNOT DATE MY SISTER" with a mad face, JJ replies "Aren't you like 12? I really do not care what you have to say little dude" and Lance rolls his eyes, the youngest brother, Charlie, says "Well I am 11, and I don't get why you don't care, you have bad breath and stink" the whole table laughs. Finally, JJ goes home and Stacy and Mateo's kids go to sleep and tomorrow is the weekend, they can all sleep in.

FYI: kids in this family: Matilda (17), Piper (15, almost 16), Lance (13), Charlie (Just turned 11)