𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟑𝟎 - 𝑨 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

It was absolutely magnificent and out of his world. A simple invention was directing the flow and temperature of the water into the bath, without it having to be filled with buckets of water right out of the river or lake. Lan Wangji's eyes followed the falling water with curiosity and astonishment, and he seemed too stunned to even speak. It was quite rare to see an expression other than stoic. Completely monotone.

"Anddd?? What do you think?" Wei Wuxian stepped to the side with a wide grin on his face, enjoying the sight of the clear emotions drawn all over Lan Wangji's face. He knew exactly how that felt. Lan Wangji looked to the side to lock eyes with him, and his lips finally parted.

"Interesting." He said. Now, anything other than 'boring' was equivalent to absolute sucess for Wei Wuxian. Lan Wangji must have been very impressed by this tool. "Alright, you can use it all you want~ Oh, and you can borrow my clothes." He said as he was ready to walk out of the bathroom to go get him a clean set of his own garments. "No need." Lan Wangji insisted as he looked at him, not even needing to mention that he simply wanted to wear his own robes. Whether he simply didn't feel comfortable with the strange style of Wei Wuxian's clothes or simply didn't want to owe him too much, it was uncertai. Wei Wuxian stopped at the door and proceeded to purse his lips at him. "Lan Zhan! We're the same size anyway so why refuse!" He answered. "Besides, your once white robes are now dirty because of the sewers- and believe me, you do not want to know where that water comes from."Lan Wangji did not say anything in response, but the look on his face signaled that he wanted an answer to that. Wei Wuxian, evidently hesitant to reveal the painful truth, simply gulped and smiled awkwardly.

"Clothes?" Lan Wangji said, and Wei Wuxian's expression shifted into a genuinely confused one

"Clothes?"
Lan Wangji said, and Wei Wuxian's expression shifted into a genuinely confused one. "Huh?"
"Did you not want to go get clothes?"
Lan Wangji rhetorically asked, reminding the other who then almost gasped in realization. "Ohh..." he nodded slowly and proceeded to grin at him. It seemed like he was still the same disoriented and clumsy man as always. And somehow, Lan Wangji's heart felt reassured. Although he was completely certain that this man was indeed the Wei Ying he lost, it would naturally take time to process the fact that he found him again. It was even more difficult to process than the fact that he was transferred to this world by an unknown force and for an unknown reason.
Wei Wuxian quickly headed out of the bathroom and ran toward the bedroom right across the hall, which only took him a few seconds. This may be a quite luxurious apartment, but the space overall is sufficient and not too big. He quickly grabbed some clothes from his drawer and then ran back to the bathroom.

Meanwhile, Little Lan was busy being hypnotized by the strange people moving inside the box in front of him. Wei Wuxian had purposely turned the television on to distract him for a little. "Here they are" Wei Wuxian said as he walked into the bathroom. Lan Wangji, who had already turned to look at the small waterfall, looked back at him and nodded once. "Thank you."

Wei Wuxian placed the clothes on top of the small sink counter, and smiled at him again. That's when he stepped out of the bathroom and closed the door behind him. Lan Wangji could manage, right? After all, if he did it, Lan Wangji can do it better.
Wei Wuxian was still finding it difficult to process. After the three years of completely discarding the past, Lan Wangji was suddenly hit with the same fate- and his young disciple as well. Although he had stopped questioning about the reason why he was taken to this world in the first place, he couldn't help but wonder about Lan Wangji's case. Just why did he appear in this world as well?
Wei Wuxian believed that it had been a second opportunity to live- but was it the same for Lan Wangji? Just what did he do to need a second chance in life??