CHAPTER FIVE: THE TALK

Leo's side of the room was similar to his at the Brandt Mansion. Little to no decor, the side being plain and empty. A blob of wood and black that clearly did not work together well. It was like night and day to my side which had a variety of plants, mostly from Bri, and posters of some characters in shows Viva and I binge watched. My bed was dressed in a fur white, silk pillowcases, and (my favorite addition) fairy lights that I hung around the edges. Even on the walls. It surely took forever to set up everything but I was actually able to do it all the day of moving in. I guess I am quite impressive.

      "You think I should wash the she-" I was turned away from the male on his bed. My ease in decorating had left me unaware of my surroundings as I casually let out a sentence like it was normal. I forgot I wasn't with Trent anymore.

     When I eventually turned around I saw Leo with his legs crossed, fiddling with a cactus. The cactus that was mine. The silence in the room brought him back to attention, his eyes looking up to meet mine that had caught him with my things.

     "Oh uh, sorry. You just left this one to the side. I was gonna give you it when you...I actually don't know. But I was gonna give it to you-" His voice was rushed and panicked, like he got caught doing something he knew would tick me off. I guess this was his way of apologizing?

     "Keep it. It doesn't really fit the flowers here. Plus your side..definitely needs some improvement." I sat down on my bed facing him. Annoyingly he shifted his gaze from me instantly. He wasn't ready to talk to me. At least I thought he wasn't.

     "Uh thanks." He quickly flashed an awkward smile before placing the pot down on his dresser. He then scribbled "Don't forget to water- Leon" on a sticky note and attached it to the pot.

     "You don't really have to water it that often, it's a cactus. It's pretty cold out too so you should be good for a while."

     "Oh, ok" he took the note off and scribbled over the words. He then replaces it with "Cactus" with an arrow pointing up to the plant coming out of the soil. What a dummy.

     "By the way..you don't have to do this." He turned around, a familiar wounded look on his face that ruined the pleasant vibe "Pretend to be ok with me I mean. It's ok I know you're upse-"

     "Why?"

     "..what?"

     "Why'd you do it?"

     "..." He returned to his bed, his face refusing to meet mine. Playing the silent tactic.

     He got a safe out before, but he wasn't getting another.

     I moved over to sit on the bed next to him, his eyes finally moving up to meet mine. Through the lights in the room I can see the sparkles in his eyes. The hints of white shining against the brown sea that was his iris. And then it was gone. He had dropped his look from mine again. And for the first time I realized just how much I yearned for his eyes to sparkle like that at me again.

     "...So..you and Trent."

     "What about it?"

     "...Sv- Seven. I don't mean to tell you how to live your life trust me...but Trent is really a scary guy. I guess I would've never imagined you two together."

     "Well, we're not dating. So.."

     "But you want to." I had no choice but to remain silent at his sharp tone. The sound sending a shot straight at my chest.

     Do I want to? I couldn't answer that question now.

     "... don't try and avoid my question-"