5. FEELING SOLACE IN HER ARMS

Começar do início

She examined him and found everything was good .. his breath and pulse both were normal. He just had mild cold and cough, she had given the required medicines to Rahul's mother and asked her to take care of him.

It was lunch time and she went to the galley to have her lunch. She went to the food service area and asked the staff if Karan had come to have his lunch..? Receiving a 'no' as reply.., she quickly ate her lunch and got his lunch packed, moving towards Karan's room..
_______________________________________

At Karan's Room:

Monami : ( knocking on the door ) - Karan!

Karan : Come in Monami ..

She entered his room to find him sitting on the bed covered in blanket and shivering a bit ..

Monami : Karan tum teek ho ? Lunch bhi nahi kiya tumne..?

Karan : Haa woh mai karne hee wala tha..

Monami : Why r u shivering Karan?
Saying this, she placed her palm on his forehead to notice that he was burning with high temperature.
"Karan.. Ur having fever and you didn't even bother to tell me. Wait !"

She went to her room to get the thermometer. It showed 104°c .

Monami : 104 fever ! Chalo jaldi se lunch khatam karo.. then u need to have ur medicines and take rest .

Karan : Monami, There is no...
[ She cut him in between..]

Monami : Chupp !!
I don't want to hear a word..
Just eat, have ur medicines and sleep ! End of the discussion..
[She said in a strict, professional tone]

Karan had his lunch and Monami gave him medicines and passed on a glass of water, which he gulped down without throwing any tantrums..

Monami : Good ! Sleep for some time now.. U will feel better..

Karan : I am already feeling better ..
I don't need rest !

Monami : Achaa..? Doctor tum ho ya mai ? Just sleep I say !!

Karan : I can't Monami.. I can't sleep that easily whenever I want to .. I have Insomnia.

Monami : And u can overcome that by just putting a little effort Karan.
Follow these - Just close ur eyes, relax ur mind, Breathe easy and focus on your sleeping pattern. Try it!

Karan tried to sleep following these steps but as soon as he followed and relaxed his mind, the flashes of the day.. he lost his brother started striking him. He opened his eyes and sat up with a jerk .
" I am unable to do it Monami ! Leave it here.."

Monami : But if you don't sleep the temperature is not gonna come down Karan.

Thinking for a minute to find solution.., Monami went and removed his pillow and sat there leaning by the bed rest. She made him lie down straight with his head on her lap and wrapped her arms around his neck , bringing him close to her and held his hands in her hands.

 She made him lie down straight with his head on her lap and wrapped her arms around his neck , bringing him close to her and held his hands in her hands

Karan tilted his head up to look at her.

Monami : I am helping you to sleep. You can trust me Mr. Shergill !

She tucked him properly in the blanket and started narrating him about her childhood memories.. She told him., how naughty she was as a kid.. how she used to hide herself in different places to skip having her meals..how she used to eagerly wait for her dad to come home soon and take her on a drive.. how she used to pluck flowers from the branches and later try to stick them back in their place.. how she used to take up the role of doctor and her parents being her sweet patients.. her school memories and many more..

Karan was listening to all the cute little Monami's acts with a smile on his face and eyes closed.. probably imagining the cute, little her & those scenes as she described.., humming in response to her and eventually falling asleep.. FEELING THE SOLACE IN HER ARMS as she finished narrating.

She looked down to find him already sleeping peacefully on her lap, with a small smile playing on his face.. Seeing his smile, a soft smile crept on her face too!

Monami thought of shifting him back to the pillow so that he could sleep comfortably.. but as he had held her hands tight in his fists, freeing herself from his grip might disturb his sleep.. and not wanting to do so.., she dropped the idea and sat back.. letting him sleep on her lap only..!

Sitting idle and not knowing what to do, feeling bored she too slowly drifted into sleep..
_______________________________________

* To be continued in Part 6 *

Thankyou for reading !!
~Happysoul.