We get to choose our own version of perfection I guess... I think with a twisted smile.

Putting the car into reverse, I threw on a song to play while I drove through town with the wind in my face.

Here comes the sun by the beetles...

Such a classic song... Man. I couldn't help but smile and tap my hands while I cruised through the sunny city streets. The music lifted my spirits.

Briefly, I wonder if I should change into something more casual to show up at the Pizzaplex. But after a moment of decision, I figured it wouldn't matter. Even if I looked a little strange. I was going to enjoy myself, so I might as well dress the way I want.

Pulling into the somewhat busy parking lot, quickly got out of my car, making sure I had my pass around my neck.

Checking I had my wallet in my back pocket, I strode through the oppressive heat and into the cooled building as quickly as I could. I sighed with relief as the blast of the cold air washed over me.

I walked up to a greeter bot that was stopping everyone at the turn styles. I held out my pass and it gave it a scan. Its eyes lit up spectacularly and it played a small jingle.

"Welcome to the Pizzaplex! We are so glad you decided to purchase our most esteemed pass! Your daily rewards are already waiting for you to collect at our prize corner!! Please go and visit to collect them!!... Any prizes that are not claimed will be forfeited after store closing time"

I sighed and smiled at the quick wording that it spouted. This place had way too much fine text under everything. There was no telling what else I would run into today. Walking past the giant gold statue of the giant bear mascot posed singing into a microphone, I was impressed. I vaguely remember that being put in, though I certainly didn't design the statue myself.

I hadn't seen the full completed version of this place in the end. The last time I had shown up, this place was still in its last stages of completion. It was still missing all the fancy bits and finish.

I must say though, they did a fantastic job decking it out. Though a lot of stuff I do remember pouring over in the schematics.

I get on the escalators that take me to the main open area. I stood there for a bit, gazing out at all my options of places to visit.

I could feel my tummy grumble a little, letting me know that I should probably eat something. I stepped forward, and because I was lost in my thoughts, I nearly ran into someone.

I stumbled back and immediately apologized. But as I looked, I was surprised to see that it was one of the mascots that I had run into. It was a tall green alligator with sunglasses.

... I couldn't think of his name at the moment.

"Sorry about that, I was lost in thought" I quickly told him.

He was half a foot taller than I was, and knowing that he was a powerful mech under all that paint made me tense a little. He pulls down his glasses, and his mechanical eyes light up. I watch them as they scan me and the pass hanging around my neck.

His eyes flash again, and he puts his start sunglasses back on.

"It's alright. That's a fancy pass you have there, I don't recall ever seeing one in my databanks"

"That's no surprise. It cost me over five hundred dollars... That's what I get for agreeing to all the random crap the clerk bot was offering just to get him to shut up"

He stares at me through his shades for a moment, before giving me a small laugh. I was surprised. These mascots had more emotion than I thought they would.