chapter 13

I was bored, so I decided to watch some TV, switching through channels, finding something interesting to watch. I stopped at a news channel, its been ages that I've got any news of outside world.

'Breaking news! Two cars got into accident, killing one driver immediately. This woman's name is Hana Gonzalez, age 27, her profession was being a doctor, all this info was found through her worker ID. We hope she rests in peace. Moving on to the tax....'

No, what's happening? "Curtis? Curtis!!! Curtis!! Come here!!" He immediately ran upto me cupping my teary face. I pointed at the TV, trying to explain my best "news....Hana......accident......dead" I couldn't make a full sentence "calm down, let me check what's going on okay?" I nodded, I have to be strong. After rewinding the news, his face became serious, he hugged me and said "this is the doing of that David Arnold bastard, the ones who kidnapped you and tried to kill me" our hug tightened "I'll make sure that the least amount of people get hurt ok?" I nodded in his embrace "but..." But what? He said he will try his best right? Then? He removed his arms and cupped my face, looking into my eyes "I cannot assure you there will be no deaths" my eyes watered, threatening to fall, but I nodded. He said he will try his best, the rest is not in our hands.

All day and night, Curtis comforted me, saying sweet things, doing funny dance, trying to cook but failing miserably. All these efforts made me fall for him a bit more.

At the end of the day , I was over Hana's death. I also realized, I love Curtis.

He tucked me in my bed then left, not before giving me a good night kiss on my forehead.

I should tell him, I love you, Curtis.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"You got the names?" I scribbled down the info Alex gave me. After I tucked lifeline in, I came to my office and started my work. "No name is left right?....just confirming, Zade, Cooper, Jay and Jacob right? Okay.....wait for my further command, lifey is a bit startled, this thing has to be pushed back a bit, atleast two days. Ok" I kept my phone on the desk.

Hana was useful after all.