I'll make the best out of this situation. I don't think I'll ever want to return home to such a bleak place.

Buzzing monitors, constantly being stuck to his bed..

Y/n blinked as a soft knock could be heard on the door. He sat up, clearing his throat awkwardly.

"Come in," He called, "the door's unlocked."

There was slight hesitation as the visitor walked in. It was Angelina, of course—the game's female lead and his character's sister. Despite seeing her face for a week, Y/n never really got used to just how beautiful she was—long flowing honey-blonde hair, with emerald eyes. Her skin was fair and milky white, her complexion flawless. She was described to have the beauty rivaling goddesses—which was what Y/n thought was an exaggerated description when playing the game—but now he could see it was quite true. Livio was also described to be exceptionally good-looking, having the same emerald eyes but instead of his sister's blonde hair, his was raven black.

"Brother," She said hesitantly, "I don't suppose you are busy, are you? I've some questions about the academy..."

Right.

Both Livio and Angelina attended Elysian Heights, an academy solely reserved for nobles and the accomplished. It was a bit of an elitist school; but those who attended were extremely proud of it. From barons to counts to even royalty, only those of high birth were permitted to attend. Y/n didn't like the mere idea, but Livio was a year older than Angelina, and had thus already begun attending it a year before. This year, it seemed—Angelina was bound to make her first appearance.

He gestured for her to take a seat in the comfortable study room, adorned with bookshelves and adorned with elegant decor.

"Of course, Angelina. I'm here to help," Y/n replied, his voice filled with reassurance—or at least he tried to sound assuring; "Ask away, and I'll do my best to provide the answers you seek."

Angelina looked both nervous and excited, her emerald eyes reflecting a mixture of anticipation and uncertainty. She fidgeted with her hands, a sign of her anxiousness. Y/n could tell that her transition to Elysian Heights held great importance to her, as it marked the beginning of a new chapter in her life.

And the game, Y/n thought solemnly, but of course, she doesn't know that.

The Academy was where quite a few of the game's events had taken place. From the various love interests; Claude, the magician, Theo, the heir to the Dukedom, Elliot, the knight...and last of all..

Aristidis, the Crown Prince, and the designated yandere route. Y/n remembered every ending extremely well, especially the bad ones. The worst ones were Claude's and Aristidis—both leading to death and destruction. Yet Claude's one was easily avoidable, and Aristidis's one led to the whole empire's downfall.

Angelina fidgeted. "Any..any advice for attending the academy? I'm apprehensive—are the people there nice? Are they arrogant? Are there any people you think I should avoid?

Y/n frowned.

The first events were soon. Aristidis was bound to meet Angelina during a meeting; where she had been sent as her father's envoy to do business. Was it love at first sight? Y/n didn't quite know. But all he knew there was still time.

"Just avoid any...suspicious people." Y/n said at last, "especially the redheads..the blonde ones..the dark-haired ones."

Elliot was a redhead.

Claude and Theo were both blondes.

Aristidis had midnight blue hair; dark but not quite black.

"That's like everyone, Brother." Angelina said in exasperation, "whatever do you mean?"

Taking a deep breath, Y/n struggled to find the right words to convey his concerns without revealing the true nature of the game. He knew he had to tread carefully, for Angelina's sake.

"Angelina, there are certain individuals at the academy who may not have your best interests at heart," Y/n began cautiously, struggling to find words. "I've heard rumors and stories about some students who may not be as—trustworthy— as they appear. It's important to be vigilant and cautious when interacting with them."

Angelina's brows furrowed with confusion, but she sensed the seriousness in Y/n's tone. "Livio, I trust your judgment, but can you give me more specifics? I don't want to mistakenly judge someone based on rumors."

Y/n paused, weighing his words carefully. He knew he couldn't reveal too much without raising suspicions. "Well, there are those who may have ulterior motives or hidden agendas," he muttered vaguely. "People who may take advantage of your kindness and innocence. It's important to observe their actions and be cautious of any red flags."

Red flags.

Namely Aristidis.

As Y/n spoke, he couldn't help but wonder how much he could truly protect his sister within the confines of the game's narrative. The fate of the routes and characters seemed intertwined, and his mere presence as Livio had already altered the story. It was possible that he couldn't erase the yandere route or its potential consequences, but he hoped to—at least—guide Angelina away from harm as much as possible.

It wasn't that he was utterly unselfish. In fact, Y/n doubted if he truly even cared for Angelina, or that his concern took root from more selfish means. For a start, he didn't particularly want to be caught up in a bad ending. He meant to live this life well.

"Fine then," Angelina huffed, "you refuse to tell me."

It was annoying, really. Y/n had to guide her through this intricate dance of romance and danger, ensuring her safety without betraying the constraints of the game's narrative.

"It's not that, Angelina," Y/n sighed heavily, "just—just be careful. Don't throw yourself into unnecessary danger."

"I won't. Who do you take me for?"

A naive female lead, Y/n thought quietly to himself, one that has potential to cause the destruction of the empire, if the cards aren't played right.

"Whatever it is, I'll help." Y/n offered, "so tell me if you have any troubles."

Little did Y/n know that in the future— his mere presence and subtle actions would set off a chain of events that would alter the fates of the characters around him. The game's storyline was in flux, and the choices he made would ripple through the lives of those involved.

And he certainly didn't know it would lead to him trying to avoid a certain yandere lead's advances.