13. So which one of your wives will be going, father?

Start from the beginning

But as much as I wanted to have my way with her, I had to put that on hold. I couldn't risk Alvaro finding out about my ways, or worse, the reason why I had married her in the first place.

I had to come up with a plan, and fast. To keep her alive, to fix her 'condition', and to keep her mouth shut. I couldn't have her exposing me and taking away all the power and control I m worked so hard to gain.

Issadora wasn't like Amanda. She wasn't weak and easily manipulated. She was strong, feisty, and fearless. I knew she wouldn't go down without a fight, and I needed to be prepared for that. She was like a dangerous game I was playing, but I was willing to do whatever it took to win. I couldn't let her ruin everything I had worked so hard for.

But most importantly, I needed to take care of Doctor Clarkson.

I sat in my room, tears streaming down my face as I thought about the looming end of my life

I sat in my room, tears streaming down my face as I thought about the looming end of my life. It wasn't fair, really.

I've never had the chance to live a fulfilling life since I was brought into this world. And just when I thought I was about to finally find some emotional and mental freedom, my time was almost up?

I sobbed harder into my pillow wishing for some kind of comfort, but finding none. I was filled with a wave of emotions.

Fear, anger, sadness, regret- they all consumed me. I didn't want to die. I wanted to live a full and happy life, to experience all the things I never had the chance to.

My life was like a cruel twist of fate, a sick joke. While I sobbed and thought of my tragic life, a small thought crept into my mind. Maybe, just maybe, death would bring me the peace and rest I had been longing for all these years. No more pain, no more suffering. It was a bittersweet thought.

My throat was dry and my stomach growled, reminding me that I hadn't eaten all day. I took it as my cue to leave the room. It was nighttime, meaning I had stayed up all day sulking.

Feeling the need to talk to someone, I sent a text to my brother, Leonel.

I went into the bathroom and caught a glimpse of my lifeless eyes in the mirror. I looked like a walking ghost, barely living and just waiting for the end to come.

I quickly took a shower, trying to rid my mind off the depressing thoughts. I brushed my teeth and got dressed in a baggy dress. As I made my way downstairs, I could feel the heaviness in the air.

Everyone was in the dining room, including Alvaro. The moment our eyes met, I quickly averted my gaze.

As I sat at the dining table, my mind was elsewhere. The tension in the room was palpable, and I couldn't help but notice Alvaro's intense gaze on me. I did everything I could to avoid his eyes, not wanting to make this awkward situation any more uncomfortable.

"How are you Issa? We haven't seen you all day, are you okay?" Amanda's concerned voice broke through the silence. I plastered a fake smile on my face and took my seat at the table.