Chapter 11: Results

Shiro POV

Mashima-sensei entered the classroom with a wide smile plastered on his face. A rolled piece of paper was in his hand, most likely the test results. After standing in front of the podium, he addressed us in a tone that seemed calm and pleased.

Tomonari: "Good morning students, I hope you are all well. Here are the results of your Midterm examinations." He then pasted the piece of paper on the board.

Tomonari: "I'm impressed. Most of you had a score above 80, which is quite commendable." Looking at the results, it seems that everyone scored very well. I scored 100 in all subjects while Arisu had all of her scores above 95. Hashimoto, Kito, and Ai had all their scores except English above 90 while having 83, 81, and 87 respectively.

Katsuragi had all of his scores above 90. The only ones who had a score that was lower than 80 were Yahiko, Yamamura, and Mikami, who had 76,77, and 79 respectively. It still isn't a low score, so to speak.

Tomonari: "Congratulations," He then took out a red pen and drew a red line beneath Yahiko's name.

Tomonari: "You all have successfully passed the test." Great. All the students started to cheer after hearing his words. It really was a happy moment for them.

*grrrrh* Uh oh. Looks like I have to go to the bathroom.

Shiro: "Sensei, may I go to the bathroom?"

Tomonari: " Yes you may, Takahashi-kun." I then exited the classroom and went to the bathroom.

While sitting on the toilet, I wondered what happened in Yuki's and Kiyotaka's classes. Surely, Class B would've passed with flying colors thanks to Yuki's and Ichinose's help and leadership. As for Class D, I can't say for certain but I believe that Kiyotaka would try to make Class D prevail and prevent its downfall.

Why would he do that? I'm not very certain but that's not important. What's important is that he, along with Yuki and Class C, will be a thorn in Class A's side. In that case, I will have to do something about it. It'll be difficult, especially when facing Kiyotaka, but I will do whatever it takes to win. Whatever it takes.

A little while later, I exited the bathroom. However, as I was heading back to class, I saw Kiyotaka heading somewhere and was secretly being followed by Horikita. Hmmm? Curious, I secretly followed them. I then stopped as I saw Horikita spying on Kiyotaka who was engaged in a conversation with Chiyabashira-sensei. Let's listen to a bit of it.

Sae: "Ayanokouji, I personally hold you in rather high regard. I've thought so since assigning this test. Obtaining the old test problems was certainly one correct solution. Such a notion goes beyond the range of what many would have considered. Furthermore, you distributed the old test problems to everyone in class and raised the average scores. I have to praise such a logical decision. Honestly, you did very well." Oh? Now that's a very interesting strategy. This further proves that he doesn't want his classmates expelled.

Kiyotaka: "Kushida was the one who obtained the problems and distributed them. I didn't really do anything." Playing dumb now, are you?

Sae: "I understand why you don't want word to get out, but don't forget that there are senior students, too. I already know that you contacted a third-year student." It seems they monitor each of the students all the time. They have quite a reach on what students are doing.

Sae: "However, despite your bold move in obtaining those questions, you made a mistake in the end. That's why your plan failed. If Sudou had memorized the material more thoroughly, he wouldn't have failed in any subject, right? Honestly, why don't you just give up and let Sudou get tossed out? Wouldn't things be easier in the future?" So Sudou is on the verge of expulsion, huh? And Kiyotaka is trying to negotiate with Chiyabashira-sensei to prevent his expulsion. I'm interested in how this goes out.