The Leaky Cauldron

Start from the beginning

"Alright then. See you back at the Leaky Cauldron in an hour and a half?" Lyra suggested.

"Yeah."

They separated, Lyra and Harry going towards the Quidditch Shop, Ron and Hermione going towards the Magical Creature Shop.

Lyra and Harry had a lovely time catching up, joking and teasing each other the way they always did.

An hour and a half later, they found Ron and Hermione arguing outside the shop they had been destined to, the latter holding an enormous ginger cat the size of a small tiger.

"That reminds me, you forgot your rat tonic," said Hermione, slapping a small red bottle into Ron's hand. "And stop worrying, Crookshanks will be sleeping in my dormitory and Scabbers in yours, what's the problem? Poor Crookshanks, that witch said he'd been in there for ages; no one wanted him."

"I wonder why," said Ron sarcastically as they set off toward the Leaky Cauldron.

Lyra raised a questioning eyebrow at Hermione, who huffed and took long strides.

They found Mr. Weasley sitting in the bar, reading the Daily Prophet.

"Harry!" he said, smiling as he looked up. "How are you?"

"Fine, thanks," said Harry as he, Ron, Lyra, and Hermione joined Mr. Weasley with all of their shopping.

Mr. Weasley put down his paper, and Harry saw the now-familiar picture of Sirius Black staring up at him.

"They still haven't caught him, then?" he asked.

Lyra straightened and Mr. Weasley glanced at her uneasily.

"No," said Mr. Weasley, looking extremely grave, and, in a quieter tone, "They've pulled us all off our regular jobs at the Ministry to try and find him, but no luck so far."

"Would we get a reward if we caught him?" asked Ron loudly. Lyra's face paled slightly. "It'd be good to get our hands on some more money-"

"Don't be ridiculous, Ron," said Mr. Weasley, who on closer inspection looked very strained. "Black's not going to be caught by a thirteen year old wizard. It's the Azkaban guards who'll get him back, you mark my words."

Lyra was so pale and so still that Harry began worrying.

"Are you alright, Lyra? You look-"

"I'm fine." said Lyra, and when she smiled, he could tell it was forced.

Harry frowned.

At that moment Mrs. Weasley entered the bar, laden with shopping bags and followed by the twins, Fred and George, who were about to start their fifth year at Hogwarts; the newly elected Head Boy, Percy; and the Weasley's youngest child and the only girl, Ginny.

Ginny, who had always been very taken with Harry, seemed even more heartily embarrassed than usual when she saw him, perhaps because he had saved her life during their previous year at Hogwarts. She went very red and muttered "Hello" without looking at him. Percy, however, held out his hand solemnly as though he and Harry had never met and said, "Harry. How nice to see you."

"Hello, Percy." said Harry, trying not to laugh.

"I hope you're well?" said Percy pompously, shaking hands. It was rather like being introduced to the mayor.

"Very well, thanks-"

"Harry!" said Fred, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowing deeply. "Simply splendid to see you, old boy-"

"Marvelous," said Lyra, joining in and pushing Fred aside and seizing Harry's hand in turn. Harry went very red. "Absolutely spiffing."

Percy scowled.

"That's enough, now," said Mrs. Weasley.

"Mum!" said George as though he'd only just spotted her and seizing her hand, too. "How really corking to see you-"

"I said, that's enough," said Mrs. Weasley, depositing her shopping into an empty chair. "Hello, Harry, dear. I suppose you've heard our exciting news?" She pointed to the brand-new silver badge on Percy's chest. "Second Head Boy in the family!" she said, swelling with pride.

"And last," Fred muttered under his breath.

"I don't doubt that," said Mrs. Weasley, frowning suddenly. "I notice they haven't made you two prefects."

"What do we want to be prefects for?" said George, looking revolted at the very idea. "It'd take all the fun out of life."

Ginny giggled while Lyra nodded.

"You want to set a better example for your sister!" snapped Mrs. Weasley.

"Ginny's got other brothers to set her an example, Molly," said Lyra.

"I'm going to change for dinner, Mother." Percy said.

He disappeared and Lyra heaved a sigh.

"Apparently the twins tried to shut him in a pyramid while they were in Egypt, but Molly spotted them." Lyra told Harry. "Sad, I'd have wanted to see that...."

                                                      A/N: Author's Note

I can't believe that I just finished the first chapter. Remember to comment down below!

Also, was there enough of Lyra? I want to get your point of views.

Question: What's your favorite Harry Potter book and movie?

graciexoxo44