Daydream's Break

Before Connie had even opened her eyes, she felt that something was wrong. Something was very, seriously wrong.

The air was wrong, the bed beneath her was wrong, the gentle morning silence was wrong. The silence was deafening compared to the usual morning traffic she often woke to, which blared angrily from outside her thin apartment walls. The air was pleasant and sweet, free from the tang of smoke that riddled the air in the urban community she lived in.

Connie made sure to lie completely still, not even twitching. She controlled her breathing, and she listens to her surroundings intently until she was absolutely sure that there was no one else present in the room around her.

"Something's off." She muttered, her fingers tensing and clenching into a tight fist. Her ears rang with the quiet, and she could feel her heart beating against her chest. 

Connie slowly opened her eyes, taking in her very pink surroundings. Light pink walls and hot pink furniture surrounded her, and though she always harbored a small hatred for pink, the size of the room more than made up for the color. The room was huge, and it was at least three times the size of Connie's apartment. 

Connie's eyes scanned the room, quickly spotting a small blue journal perched on a pink vanity. She hurried towards it, stumbling over herself as she reached it. Connie quickly jumped back up, catching her breath as she saw her peculiar reflection. 

Connie reached out to touch the mirror, making sure it was real, but she knew for sure that the person she was looking back at was not her. A lump formed in her throat as she stared, noting her different appearance. Long curly blonde hair, empty violet eyes, clear ivory skin, and a matching pink gown to fit the room's theme. 

"Hah..This is a prank..This is a prank.." Connie bit her lip, double checking for any hidden cameras. "Very funny, guys. Please come tell me its a joke..please.." She clenched her fists, imprinting half-crescent marks into her palm. The blonde tried smiling, but she hated being pranked. In a fit of rage, she threw the small journal at the mirror, watching in satisfaction as the reflection shattered.

[Calming down after almost losing her sanity.]

Connie plopped down onto a hot pink couch, opening up the blue journal. Inside, she found out that her name was Cirilo and she was 20. Reading further, Connie grinned. "Her parents are rich!! YESS!!!" She paraded around her room in quiet celebration.

After that, Connie tried to summon beasts or become super smart like she saw most reincarnation novels suggested. "SUMMON POTATO LOVER!!" She yelled, stomping her foot onto the plush rose carpet and thrusting her hand forward. Connie's face instantly flushed, A soft pink tint settling on her cheeks. "It looked cool in the comic though.." She murmured, trying to justify her weirdness.

"Open settings. Future Fury. Resurrection Dragon. Water tranquillity. Status window." Connie glanced around, waiting for something to happen. A floating blue screen instantly popped up in front of her, causing Connie to stumble back in surprise. 

"WHAT THE [BLEEP] IS THAT!? [BLEEP] THIS [BLEEP] AT LEAST GIVE ME A [BLEEP]ING WARNING!! JEEZ!!" She groaned, furrowing her brows, frustrated. Connie studied the text on the blue screen:

Level : 0

Title : N/A

Singing : D

Dancing : C-

Appearance : B

Talent : 

Ability : Charismatic Troll (Have a 15% chance of charming someone by flipping them off.)

Connie pursed her lips, trying to contain her laughter as she read her uncanny ability. "I'm not that bad at singing, this stupid screen is wrong." She huffed as an alert popped up:

OCCURRENCE OF "DEBUT OR DIE!"

[If you don't debut as an idol within the allotted time, you'll die.]

Connie's eyes shot up to the alert, her mouth quitting up into a smile. "Oooh, I love this novel~" She hummed with amusement as the screens slowly faded away. "I approve." Connie nodded approvingly.

"Let's go spy on Moondae!"