There was a moment of processing met with a couple chewing mouths taking a pause on their refreshments. When Toothiana clasped a hand over her mouth and Jack appeared to choke on a sip of his drink, the fairy was the first to rush toward you. With the flutter of her wings, her sudden excitement caught you off guard as she squealed questions of if it was true. With raised brows in surprise of the first positive reaction, you nodded and stuttered your confirmation. That’s when nearly the rest of them gathered closer to you with her.

The Guardians were all either gawking or congratulating you. You were soon berated with a list of questions (mostly from Tooth) of when you found out, how far along you were, if you were just as thrilled as they were. A distant background question from the winter spirit of whether or not this was even possible was countered by a heavier burly voice stating how even if it had not happened before, then it was proving to have never been impossible now. These were masked by the fairy’s ongoing comments of how she already wanted to help you with name ideas, wonders of whether you were hoping for a boy or girl, how cute she said she thinks you would look once you started showing…

You did not realize you had started grinning with her and giggling under the fairy’s charm until you glanced down at yourself. Your palms both slid over the gilded buttons of your dark jacket and below your waist at your mostly unchanged structure. For something that was probably barely the size of a pea, you were certainly earning quite the amount of attention. Considering that you had never been praised for such an occurrence, you admit that you were kind of starting to enjoy this part of it. This was definitely also adding a lot of relief in comparison to the panic that had been striking at you before. Any uncertainty of how you had felt going about this was dwindling aside now and replaced with a fresh rush of elation. It did not matter to you if this was from the surge of hormones probably flooding your system. Perhaps this sort of support would help you in the long run. You were already getting images of guiding little hands toward holiday ornaments, snowflakes, and painted chocolate eggs.  

In the midst of your oncoming daydreams, you then overheard Bunnymund approach Pitch from off to the side. You swung back toward them with the hope that you could reel at least one of them into the cheerier mood. Your grin slowly faded though at the way the rabbit grimly greeted the Nightmare King. 

“Mate,” Bunnymund murmured to Pitch. He gestured to a room behind a closed door off to the side. “A word.”

Pitch glanced back at you before giving you a look of reassurance, silently telling you that this will be nothing. You gave a soft smile back, and then watched him follow Bunnymund into the other room. Just as you could consider the thought of drawing closer or wanting to follow, you saw Bunnymund reach out to gently shut the door behind them.

You stood dumbfounded, staring at the closed door in uncertainty of what they could possibly have to discuss out of your presence. The others were still caught up in the buzz of conversation, but would not mind you taking a few minutes away. Softly, you crept up to the door without making a sound. With steady hands, you rested your palms ever so lightly against the door to lean on. You quieted your breaths as you pressed the side of your face against the wood to try to listen in on whatever the two had to say to one another.

You heard Bunnymund take a breath. “...Do you understand the circumstances of this pregnancy?” He kept his voice low, making you strain further to hear from outside the space. Your brows furrowed, and you were wondering if you should just barge in to join the conversation that clearly should involve you according to the topic.

“Depends on the circumstances,” Pitch replied. Bunny sighed again.

“You’re well aware that there has never been a child born between a spirit and a human before,” the pooka described. “Yes, (Y/n) may be immortal now but she is still very much a human - more human than any of us here.”