Chapter 1

*DIALOGUE IN BOLD IS IN ASL*

I jump off of my motorcycle and head towards the outlet mall, the mission: buy a gift for Felix's birthday tomorrow

I jump off of my motorcycle and head towards the outlet mall, the mission: buy a gift for Felix's birthday tomorrow. Given that he is 7 turning 8 it shouldn't be too difficult to find a gift, especially a Power Rangers themed one.

After about an hours and a half search I find the perfect red and blue Power Ranger figurine's. Knowing that he would love them, as well as quality time with his favorite, and only, older sister I think that the gift department has been covered. As I arrive back at my house I get a text from Fury.

——————

I need you in D.C.
Deep shadow conditions.

I can be there in five hours.

Good, I'll get Hill here too.

——————

Standing next to Maria, I stare through the glass. Watching Nick Fury's operation. I put my arm around Maria's shoulder in an effort to comfort her, getting a smile of thanks from her, right before the door opens. A redhead rushes into the viewing room and stares through the glass, as I had a few moments prior.

"Is he gonna make it?" The redheaded woman speaks up.

"I don't know." The man standing next to her speaks up.

Realizing that I don't know who the man is I nudge Maria with my elbow. When our eyes meet I nod towards the man and the woman at the same time.

"Natasha Romanoff or Black Widow, and Steve Rogers, Captain America." She whispers into my ear.

"Tell me about the shooter." The redhead continues their conversation.

"He's fast. Strong." he stops for a moment, then continues, "Has a metal arm."

Hill walks up to the two, standing next to them looking forward at the glass.

"Ballistics?" The redhead continues to question.

"Three slugs, no rifling. Completely untraceable." Maria answers her.

"Soviet-made." The redhead more so stated than questioned.

Turning towards her Maria says, "Yeah."

Suddenly Fury crashes.

"He's in V-tach"

"Crash cart coming in."

"Nurse help me with the drape."

"BP is dropping."

"Defibrillator, I want you to charge him at one hundred."

"Don't do this to me Nick." I catch Romanoff whisper.