˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ nightmares

𝗦𝗨𝗠𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗬 ;william has a nightmare of his dad

𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘 ;august 28, 2023

𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗗 𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗧 ;748 words

𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗚𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 ;references child abuse, alcoholism, drug addiction, referenced emotional abuse

━━ william was in his childhood apartment.

the apartment that held no happy memories. the apartment that held in the screams of a young william zhu.

(however, he used to be william chen when he lived in this place.)

dream-wille walked towards the living room, finding empty beer cans and broken glass bottles all over.

suddenly, he heard the sound of the front door opening. dream-wille turned around and was met with the sight of andrew chen.

it was like looking in a mirror.

he's heard his grandparents (maternal) say that he was a spitting image of andrew chen, but now that he sees it in real life -- in dream life, it's leaves an ugly feeling in his stomach.

he had andrew's face and it was sickening. it made william, both real and dream versions, want to throw up.

then, william watched andrew stalk towards him. he was clearly drunk, but then again when was not?

(i mean, when he wasn't drunk he was high on drugs if that counts.)

"stupid boy." andrew spat out. "insufferable child."

william stepped backwards, tripping on a stray can. he watched as andrew walked towards him, his figure looming over him.

andrew rose his hand, ready to throw the beer bottle at him just as he did hundreds, maybe even thousands of times in the past.

it was like slow motion, the way everything happened.

dream-william looked to the side, waiting for the bottle to come in contact with his face. he saw it coming closer from the corner of his eyes.

closer...

     closer...

          closer...

               and...

william woke up with a loud gasp, hand clutching his fast beating heart.

his other hand went to fix his hair, finding it to be sticky and wet with sweat.

william looked over to his nightstand, he leaned over to grab his phone.

it was 3:57 in the morning. he unlocked his phone to find several birthday messages from fans, friends, and family.

just last night he was so excited for his birthday, and now he couldn't find it in him to want to celebrate anymore.

all he could think about was the memories william had locked away after he came to korea.

william removed the blanket that was covering him and walked out of his bedroom. he walked through the small hallway into the living room/kitchen area.

he originally wanted water, but he found himself walking to the part they kept their shoes and jackets.

willam put on his sneakers and walked out. he made his way to the other side of the floor and in front of the dance team apartment.

he knocked on the door, praying that someone was awake. after two minutes of waiting and wishful thinking, the door opened to reveal a disheveled humiya.

her long black hair was tied in two braids (now a mess from sleeping) and her robe looked like it was tied in a hurry.

for a split second, her face was full of annoyance, but when she saw the boy it softened immediately.

"come in." humiya whispered, careful not to wake up her roommates. "are you okay, why are you crying?"

crying?

william touched his face, only just feeling wetness that could only be tears. "bad dream." he muttered as he took off his shoes.

"oh, baby." humiya muttered, pulling the younger into a hug. william wrapped his arms around her shoulders and buried his face into her hair. "do you want to talk about it?"

william shook his head.

"that's okay." humiya said. "you want to try and get some sleep?"

william nodded.

"come." humiya murumured. she pulled away and held onto william's hand, sensing he needed something to keep him in reality. she led him into her bedroom, and william was surprised to see kiyoko already sleeping in humiya's bed.

as if she could read his mind, she said, "the five of us watched a scary movie and kiyoko refused to go to sleep alone."

humiya walked to the bed, very gently pushing the maknae-leader to the side. she waved at him to come closer. william walked over to them, laying down on the other side of humiya. the arm that was wrapped around kiyoko was now around william.

william smiled to himself as he tried to go back to sleep. this moment brought back good memories of the past. the times when they were younger and could comfortably fit onto the bed, with room still left to spare.