~ Chapter Three ~

Y/n looked at the pillow and blanket on the couch. The memories of the previous night flooded back, accompanied by a bit of guilt. She knew it was her fault that Chuuya was upset, but still did he have to act that way? With a deep breath, she reached for the blanket. Folding it neatly, she put it away.

✦ ✦ ✦

As the girl walked into the Port Mafia building, the scent of blood invaded her nostrils, a nice reminder of the world she inhabited. She stopped in her tracks to see a group of guards right in front of the entrance, blocking her way.

As far as y/n could see they were stood in a circle, like they were surrounding something. Their hushed murmurs filled the air. Y/n approached them, wondering what the hell they were doing standing in the way.

"Ehem!" She coughed, a few guards turned to face her before swiftly kneeling on one knee. Soon the rest followed suit. Y/n rolled her eyes. "Every time."
A few of the men sensed what she was talking about and quickly stood up.

"Ehem!" Her voice cut through the air like a knife, commanding attention. A few guards turned to face her, their movements swift as they knelt before her. The rest followed suit, their actions a familiar routine.

Y/n rolled her eyes at the display. "Every time," she muttered under her breath. A few of the men sensed her annoyance and quickly rose to their feet, trying to avoid her anger.

"What's that?" She asked, motioning towards what seemed to be a cardboard box in the center of the circle. She could fully see it now that the guards were standing again. "Move!" She said, glaring at the people who were now blocking her sight.

They moved out of her way quickly, letting her into the circle. She looked at the box on the ground. The bottom of it was seeping in blood. "Where did this come from?"

"It showed up outside the front door, ma'am," one of the guards replied.

"And you brought it in?"

"Yes, ma'am,"

"What if it had an explosive in it, huh? Or some other thing that could kill every single person in this building? Do you realize how stupid of an idea that was?" Y/n's eyes shot up to the man she was speaking with.

"Boss told us to bring it in ma'am."

"Mori?" Y/n's tone was laced with skepticism.

"Yes, ma'am. We were just following orders ma'am."

She shrugged her shoulders. "Do you know what's inside?"

"No ma'am. We were told to wait for you to get here. He assigning it to you."

"Oh that's just lovely..." she clicked her tongue as she slowly walked closer to the box, her boots clicking against the floor was the only sound in the room. She reached her hand towards the box and opened it. Inside was... something fabric drenched in blood. "Holy-" she scrunched her nose. It smelt horrible.

"Someone get me some gloves." She put her hand out and almost immediately rubber gloves were put into her hand. She slipped them on and continued on.

She grabbed the thing inside the box and lifted it out, blood spilling out of it and back into the box. She took a closer look at the object and it was a stuffed bunny.