CHAPTER 9 : OBSESSED

Naret arrived at the seaside area to intercept the ferry carrying a plethora of drug-filled crates. The entire vicinity was laden with wooden cartons containing the valuable cargo. Witnessing the staggering amount of money involved, Naret couldn't help but marvel at the audacity of the old man he deemed crazy for investing so heavily in such a venture.

Having issued the orders, Naret's team swiftly loaded the vehicles, preparing to depart. As they were about to leave, Naret decided to stay behind with two of his trusted associates. The rest of the convoy began to move away, leaving Naret alone with his thoughts. Suddenly, a truck rammed into Naret's car, causing it to flip. Emerging from the truck, a group of adversaries approached, eager to ascertain if there were any survivors. To their surprise, they found Naret calmly puffing on a cigarette, blood dripping from his head. He wore a black suit, gloves, and a menacing smirk, holding a baseball bat.

In a cold, calculated tone, Naret dismissed their attempt as a cheap move before swiftly striking down one of the assailants. As the man fell, Naret stepped on his head, delivering a brutal swipe that snapped the assailant's neck. Without missing a beat, Naret's two companions charged into the fray, engaging in a ruthlessly efficient and intense battle. Naret, now stripped of his coat due to the grisly encounter, showcased his combat prowess, delivering powerful blows with the baseball bat and leaving a trail of blood-soaked adversaries.

Every move seemed choreographed in a brutal dance, with Naret displaying a unique fighting style that combined efficiency with brutality. As the fight continued, the air became thick with tension, and Naret's aura exuded an undeniable coolness, making him an intimidating force. The once-pristine suit now bore the marks of the merciless confrontation, revealing a relentless determination in Naret's eyes.

The scene unfolded as a symphony of violence, showcasing Naret's resilience and combat skills. Each calculated strike and precise move painted a vivid picture of the fierce battle between Naret and his adversaries, leaving an indelible mark on the seaside battleground.

Sitting in front of his car, Naret instructed his men to clean up the aftermath of their brutal encounter, the area littered with blood and bodies. As he watched his men work, his gaze shifted to where Tin's room was hidden, his secret sanctuary. With a determined air, Naret rose from his seat, leaving his men to their tasks. He climbed into his car and drove off.

Hours later, Naret arrived at the hospital and made his way to Tin's room. Inside, he found Tin tossing and turning in a feverish dream, his body drenched in sweat. Naret gently wiped away the sweat from Tin's brow and leaned in to kiss him, but he was caught off guard when Tin suddenly grabbed his hand, pushing it away, and coldly questioned his presence.

Undeterred, Naret approached Tin and smoothed out his clothes, teasingly remarking on Tin's chilly reception to his visit. With a mischievous glint in his eyes, Naret grasped Tin's shirt, pulling him closer for a passionate kiss. Despite Tin's weakened state, he found himself unable to resist Naret's advances, his body responding to the seductive movements as Naret straddled him, their movements growing more heated and sensual with each passing moment.

With a sudden burst of strength, Tin forcefully pushed Naret away, unable to bring harm to the one he cared for. Rising abruptly, the needle attached to him was ripped off aggressively, causing blood to drip from his hand. Tin, fueled by a surge of determination, commanded Naret to leave. Reluctantly, Naret departed, leaving behind a scene tainted with both emotional and physical wounds.

Before vanishing from Tin's sight, Naret uttered words that echoed with possessive intensity. "You should know, you belong to someone alone. Even if you hate it, you have no choice but to follow him. It's his choice to keep you by his side, even if you despise him to the core. Trying to escape is futile because he'll never let you go again. It's not your decision; whether you stay or leave, it's entirely his choice." And with that, Naret left Tin's room, leaving the lingering weight of his words to settle in the air.

Weeks before Tin's discharge from the hospital, doctors anticipated a challenging recovery, but to their surprise, Tin was found every night in the hospital gym, pushing himself to accelerate his healing process. When Tin finally left the hospital, he wasted no time and headed straight to the airport, bound for New Zealand. There, an operation had been arranged by his officials to address the damage to his ears caused by the explosion. The proximity to the blast area had affected Tin's hearing, leading to the constant use of hearing aids.

Dressed in a black suit and a long coat, Tin appeared composed, with only Ken, his trusted leader, accompanying him. Tin chose to keep to himself, avoiding conversations with anyone since the incident had taken a toll on his family, making communication with him a challenge. The journey to New Zealand marked a crucial step in Tin's quest for recovery, both physically and emotionally.

Upon Tin's arrival in New Zealand, he immediately scheduled the operation he needed. While in his room, he stared out of the window, seemingly detached, only turning his attention towards the doctors when necessary. For Tin, conversations had become futile since he couldn't hear without his hearing aid, and his headaches intensified when trying to focus on tasks. The realization of his vulnerability struck him, acknowledging his inability to perform his duties effectively.

Before heading to New Zealand, Tin visited the camp to receive orders. It was decided that, during his ongoing recovery, he would take on the role of a police officer. This decision came with a distinct training regimen, as police work differs from the military's peacemaker duties. Tin saw this as a way to gradually heal, embracing the challenges of a different kind of service, one that would allow him to recover while still contributing to the greater good.

Tin quickly returned to Thailand, expressing his disinterest in hearing any reports about his condition. Upon his return, Tin headed to the camp, where his colleagues warmly welcomed him back. The celebration for his return as a military peacemaker was held in a bar, a special exception granted by the head. It wasn't just a military gathering; it was a celebration of friendship, marking the joyous reunion of comrades who had faced challenges together. The atmosphere was filled with laughter and camaraderie, showcasing the unique bond shared among these military soldiers.

While everyone was enjoying the festivities, indulging in drinks and singing, Tin found it challenging to focus due to the overwhelming sounds entering his hearing aid. Feeling overwhelmed, he excused himself and retreated to the hallway. As he navigated through the crowd, avoiding the company of many ladies, a sudden collision with a man triggered a ringing sensation in Tin's ears, causing intense pain. Stumbling, Tin was about to be confronted by Jeff, ready to retaliate, but Tin intervened, choosing a more peaceful resolution. Instead of escalating the situation, Tin sought Jeff's assistance to help him stand.

As Tin stood up, he recognized the man who bumped into him and instinctively approached him. Though he couldn't quite place where he knew him from, the name "Naret" echoed in Tin's mind. He observed Naret with the other man, who seemed to be uncomfortably close, his hand lingering on Naret's back. A surge of discomfort washed over Tin as he witnessed the man's intrusive behavior towards Naret, but his uncertainty held him back from intervening. Reluctant to confront a situation he didn't fully understand, Tin simply sought Jeff's help to escort him to the restroom, his pounding headache urging him to escape the commotion.

Once in the restroom, Tin gulped down some pain medication, then retreated to the balcony, leaving Jeff to return to the festivities. Seated alone, Tin removed his hearing aid, allowing the silence to envelop him, providing a brief respite from the overwhelming noise of the crowded room.

As Tin walked, he found himself unintentionally entangled with a persistent woman seeking a lighter. Sensing the approaching figure, Tin instinctively reached out and firmly grasped the woman's hand, abruptly breaking the unwanted interaction. Startled, the woman apologized, realizing her overstep, and Tin, though unable to hear her words, felt the vibration of her sincerity. With a quick release, he motioned that he didn't have a lighter and moved on, retrieving his hearing aid in the process.