CHAPTER 10 : Don't go down this path again.

Tin swiftly left the bar, hopped on his motorcycle, and rode off into the night. He opted to send a text message, perhaps indicating his reluctance to stay any longer. Despite the jovial atmosphere around him, Tin felt a sense of discomfort. The clamor of the bar exacerbated the pain in his head whenever he wore his hearing aid, prompting him to seek solace in solitude. As he rode, he spotted someone unfamiliar, sparking a whirlwind of emotions within him. Conflicted and unsure, Tin couldn't shake the feeling that he knew this person, yet their connection remained elusive. Determined to focus on his recovery and his lifelong dream of serving as a peacemaker, Tin resolved to set aside any distractions.

Upon arriving at the camp where he was stationed as a police officer, Tin was warmly greeted by Chief Ren, the station head. Ren gave him a tour of the entire facility, during which Tin received compliments on his appearance. His once long hair, now neatly trimmed with the help of a staff member, earned nods of approval from his colleagues. Tin's exemplary record in past missions also garnered praise, reaffirming his competence and dedication. Despite the limitations imposed on him due to his ongoing recovery, Tin returned to his duties with fervor. He resumed teaching new recruits at the station, albeit with some restrictions. Regular check-ups on Saturdays became routine for Tin, serving as a gauge for his physical and mental readiness to fully return to duty. Driven by his unwavering determination and persistent requests to continue serving, Tin remained steadfast in his commitment to his vocation, unwavering in the face of any obstacle.

One fateful day, Tin was in the midst of his report at the station when the blaring sound of emergency radios set the police in motion. Racing to the scene in their patrol cars, they discovered a young man poised to leap from the edge of a building.

Leveraging his extensive experience in rescue missions, Tin quickly assumed a leadership role, guiding the officers on strategic positions to ensure a safe and effective response. Even while en route, Tin, having previewed the building's structure from a video, saw the opportunity to showcase his skills.

Upon arrival, Tin wasted no time and decided to approach the distressed teens directly. Securing a safety rope connected to a nearby post, he bravely stepped onto the bridge on the building's edge, adopting a calm yet commanding tone.

Tin: "Planning to take a leap, huh? I recall this is a 30-floor drop; jumping here would turn you into pieces."

His words held both a warning and an air of calm assurance. The teenagers, under the pressure of impending danger, revealed their motivations.

Teenager: "We're considering this leap because no one believes we're innocent in the examination scandal."

The gravity of the examination, a pivotal event in their country, was emphasized by Tin. He stressed the importance of their lives and potential.

Tin: "To throw away your lives over an examination? That's quite the waste."

Teen 1: "I just don't want to disappoint my parents for something I didn't do."

Tin: "Do you really think your parents won't be disappointed and hurt by what you're about to do? Look down there; your parents are terrified at the thought of what you might do."

Teen 2: "We're not the ones who did it. It's an important day for us, but we weren't heard, and our parents were told all sorts of things."

Tin: "Do you believe I can help you? I'll support you, but you need to help me fight for justice."

As the two teenagers looked at Tin, a mixture of fear and uncertainty in their eyes, the tension hung in the air.

Tin: "Believe me, I can assist you, but you need to trust in the process. Together, we can make things right."

In this intense moment, Tin's resolve and the teenagers' struggle formed a gripping scene, with the promise of justice hanging in the balance.

Tin: "I know that's important for you, but there are many things you can still do. You're young, and there are plenty of opportunities ahead. It's not like my situation where one decision led to significant changes in my life and affected the job I love. But for you, there are many chances. Nothing is more important than life itself, and you shouldn't cause pain to your parents. If what you're saying is true, I'll personally talk to the officials to give you a chance. Don't waste your lives. Your parents are waiting below."

As the two agreed to come down, Tin kept a vigilant eye on them, urging them to move cautiously near the building's edge. While it posed no problem for Tin, who was fearless and had a secure rope, the two young men were without such support.

When one of them slipped, Tin quickly pushed the other towards his team and leaped towards the falling teenager, holding onto his hand. Tin noticed an area in the building where he could immediately toss the teen to prevent a fall. Sensing that he didn't have a secure grip on the teen and could release him at any moment, Tin swiftly took out his dagger.

Luckily, there was a newly installed window in front of them. Tin threw the dagger forcefully at the glass, creating a large crack. He manipulated the rope, and they swung towards the designated area. Tin kicked the glass, shattered it, and threw the teen, ensuring he was caught by the waiting team below.

In the intense aftermath, Tin knelt in front of the trembling teenager, gently cupping his face and wiping away the tears.

Tin: "What's your name?" he asked with a mixture of concern and empathy. The teenager, still shaken, managed a faint smile.

Teen: "Dream," he whispered.

Tin: "Dream? That's quite a name," Tin said, a hint of a reassuring smile breaking through the tension. As Dream began to speak about his concerns, Tin continued to hold his head, providing comfort and reassurance.

Tin: "I'll help you with what you want. Promise. Don't go down this path again. Understand your parents' feelings; I'll do everything to prove your words."

With those words, Tin signaled a police officer to take Dream down for a family check-in, leaving the room where they once hung in the balance, ready to face the next challenge life had in store.