𝟎𝟏𝟖. 𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞

ETERNAL FLAME
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter eighteen,
Gilmore Girls — Season One

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter eighteen, Gilmore Girls — Season One

January 5th, 2001

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

     I DRAG THREE BAGS OF CLOTHING into Lorelai Gilmore's house in the early hours of the morning. Lorelai is organising the town's charity sale— something I admire because it's a difficult job— and I fixed up three bags of clothing to bring here after my father came back to the diner after disposing his own two bags.

     I push open the door, and I'm greeted by bags, boxes, and galore. I'm not sure how Lorelai will organise all this, but I have admiration and sympathy for how she plans to deal with this.

     "Hey," I call, hoping someone hears me. "I come bearing bags!"

     I cross into the living room, finding Rory and Lane standing in the midst of the boxes. "Hey, Lucy," Rory says, waving her hand towards me.

     "Where do you want these?" I ask, lifting the bags and failing to hold up her bags due to the weight of them.

     "What's in them?"

     "Clothes," I answer.

     "Clothes can go right over there." I follow Rory's finger and I throw the three bags on top of the boxes and bags that are already stacked on top of one another.

I have every intention of leaving but Lorelai rushes down the stairs, and when she swings around the banister, she nearly crashes straight into me. "Oh, Lucy, hey." Her hand touches my shoulder and I smile.

"I dropped off some stuff," I say, pointing to my bags.

Lorelai moves towards my bags, and I'm not surprised that Lorelai would want to look. She always ends up buying more stuff than she sells because when she sees a cute sweater or a pair of jeans, she has to have them until they're thrown into a charity sale the following year.

Lorelai is pulling out one of my old t-shirts with a peace sign splayed across it. "Oh, I'm having this," she says, holding it up to her body to see they're similar in sizes.

"Mom—" Rory begins.

"This is gonna be a very special night. And you know what a very, very special night deserves?" I watch as Lorelai scavenges through another bag of clothing.