𝟎𝟏𝟗. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭

❝𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓❞
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter nineteen,
Gilmore Girls — Season One

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter nineteen, Gilmore Girls — Season One

January 16th, 2001

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUKE'S POV ]

I'M MEETING MY DAUGHTER'S BOYFRIEND— whatever he is— today. I knew this day would come eventually, but that doesn't mean I'm prepared for it. In fact, I'm terrified of meeting my freaking daughter's boyfriend.

My daughter— my sixteen-year-old— has a boyfriend who is quite literally the opposite of her and us. He's rich, comes from a wealthy family, and he goes to a private school. He's somebody I don't want around my daughter, not ever, but she likes him, and I want her to be happy. Even if her being happy involves him.

And he's blonde with a douchey ass name.

I always knew she'd meet somebody, I just didn't know she'd meet somebody this fast. Sure, she's sixteen and she's very capable of dating. She should date, right? I shouldn't be concerned about this guy, not when I know Lucy, and I know that she's somebody who will choose a good guy. I hope.

This guy— Tristandoesn't know how good he has it. My daughter is incredible, and she deserves the entire world. If he can't give her that, I don't want him anywhere near her.

She warned me not to scare him but I fully intend to, don't worry.

The second he steps into the diner, I can tell that he's never set foot in a small town. He looks around the diner, and everybody looks at him. I'm not surprised he's being glared at by the townsfolk. He's an outsider, and Lucy is loved by everyone in this town. If he breaks her heart, he'll be dead because I'll kill him and the town will help me bury him.

     There are perks to living in a small town after all.

Lucy wants me to be nice so I will try. I want Lucy to be happy, and if this jackass makes her happy, I'm happy.

Lucy and Tristan step towards me, and I cross my arms over my chest, and I stare the boy up and down. "Dad..." Lucy places her hand on Tristan's arm, and I look towards him. "This is Tristan."

I would've met Tristan sooner but he had a family holiday in London of all places. Lucy hasn't been abroad ever, and I, of course feel guilty for never giving her a real holiday, but she always did enjoy our boat trips. Now, Tristan just goes on these expensive holidays for the holidays, and I'm not totally familiar with snotty rich people, but I already know I don't like them.