𝟎𝟐𝟒. 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐝𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫

DAMN DAPPER
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter twenty-four,
Gilmore Girls — Season One

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter twenty-four, Gilmore Girls — Season One

May 1st, 2001

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

     FIVE YEARS AGO, WHEN I WAS ELEVEN, RACHEL AND LUKE BROKE UP, leaving me to be very confused at a young age. I was a child, and I really liked Rachel. Hell, I looked to her with wide eyes and a big smile because she was perfect.

     But she left, and I didn't understand. Sure, my dad had broken up with somebody in the past, but Rachel broke my dad's heart in a different kind of way. Rachel might've claimed that she loved me and my dad all those years ago, but that doesn't excuse the fact that she left.

     Sure, I spoke to my dad and persuaded him to give Rachel another chance, but I still didn't trust her completely. I was skeptical of her, and watching her be romantic with my dad again is just a little strange for me to see. They're talking all the time, laughing and joking with each other, and they go on dates in the evenings, leaving me to be very confused about their relationship.

     I want to believe that she'll stick around now, even though she was considering leaving only two weeks ago.

     I want to believe that she won't leave my dad again, but I'm not sure.

     "So they're dating again?" I look over at Addy who sits alongside me at the counter. We've been watching my dad closely, and Addy has been extremely nosey about the relationship between Dad and Rachel.

     "Addy, I—"

     "I can hear you," Dad interrupts, and I glare at him, prompting him to leave so me and Addy can talk.

     Rachel walks by me, and I smile politely because I really want to try and know her again. I told her I'd give her a chance, and Rachel promised she'd try to put time in for me too. Me and her need to get along so she can have a standing relationship with my dad.

     Dad values my opinion, he told me, and if I tell him how I really feel about Rachel, he'll leave her so quickly without consideration, and I hate that because I just want him to be happy.

     And if Rachel makes him happy then I'm happy.

     "Rachel was always nice," Addy says, and I move my eyes back to her. "The only girlfriend of your dad's I never liked was that woman..." Addy pauses as she tries to think of the name. "What— Dammit, what was her name?"