THE CRUEL INTENTION

Start from the beginning

Mark was confirmed dead and she lost the baby.

Candy's step mom, Natalie was stun, she held her lips with both hands.

"Oh my, gawd Candy. Are you going to be alright?" Natalie asked her step daughter, deep down, her heart was screaming with joy.

"Stop pretending" Candy muttered and raised her head to look at Natalie. "Isn't this your wish"

Natalie swallowed and finally stopped the act. She was dressed in a luxury dress worthing a lot of money.

"Well Candy. I warned you about him. Even your father did before passing away but you never listen.."

"What do I do? It hurts so much. I want this pain to go away" Candy muttered and Natalie smirked secretly.

"I can take the pain away from you if you want.. All you have to do is, do what I ask" Natalie said.

Candy look into her eyes for a while and nodded..

****

"The lawyer request to see Miss. Candy" Natalie assistant informed as he stood behind her. She was seated in the living room, her face devoid of emotion.

"Didn't you do what I asked you to do?" She asked.

"I told him Candy is currently sick and won't be able to see him for a while"

Natalie smirked. She had found out that her husband, Mr. Jefferson had given all his properties to Candy. Which is something she definitely won't take.

Dropping the glass of wine in her hand, she raised her calm gaze to the other man seated before her.

"When am I going to get my balance?" The man asked placing one leg on top another.

"When the wedding is done" Natalie smiled and then looked up to her assistant. "Where is she?"

"She is locked up in the room as usual" He replied professionally.

In the not so dark room, Candy sat on the bed, her look lifeless as she stared outside her window. The last time she stepped out of this room was seven months ago.

After the tragic incident, Candy was like a puppet to her step mother. Her weak heart was helplessly controlled by her. She had been drowning herself in the pit of her misery and then pretending to be fine.

Her door creaked opened, Natalie walked in and composed herself.

"Hey sweetie" She greeted.

Candy turn to look at her. Her face lit up.

"Mother" she masked up her pain with a smiley face.

"It's so good to see you're happy and doing well. I have a good news for you" Natalie said.

"What is it mother?" She asked.

"You're getting married" she announced and Candy's face dropped.

"Marriage? All of a sudden?"

"Yes my dear. It's just a temporary marriage dear. This man will give you the power I promised you about. You'll be able to face the world again and have men crumble under your feet.. men like Mark" Natalie said. Knowing those name will reach Candy. After thinking for a moment..

"Fine, I'll do as you say" Candy nodded with a smile.
___

As the morning sun gently streaming through the large luxurious room. A naked lady blinked away the remnants of sleep, she found the man who kept her busy all night sitting at the edge of his king sized bed.