𝟎𝟐𝟖. 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲

NEVER GET AWAY
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter twenty-eight,
Gilmore Girls — Season Two

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter twenty-eight, Gilmore Girls — Season Two

June 6th, 2001

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

THE PHONE IN MY HAND RINGS AGAIN. This is the fifteenth time it's rang in the past two weeks, and each time I let it go to voicemail because I can't bring myself to answer. I know who awaits for me on the other end, and I simply can't talk to him.

It's been three weeks since our... breakup and we haven't spoken on the phone or in person. Tristan has been leaving me a voicemail every single day for the last two weeks, and I've failed to open any of them. I currently have about fifteen messages to open, but I'm too afraid to listen to the contents of said messages.

Sometimes I wonder if I should listen to one because it's not like I'm going to delete his number anytime soon. I can't bring myself to rid of him entirely because what if there's still a chance for us? What if we get a second chance?

I'm pathetic. Still hung up on my ex-boyfriend. However, I think he really does want to speak to me. I mean, fifteen voicemails sit in my cellphone so he must want to see me, talk to me, right?

Perhaps I should just listen to one.

Just one.

Screw it, I'm going to.

I hit the voicemail from two weeks ago and I hold the phone to my ear. When I hear Tristan's voice, the overwhelming ache in my chest comes back, and I hold a hand against my beating heart to stop myself from panicking.

I take a deep breath, and I listen, "Hey, Blue. It's day one of trying to win you back. I, uh, thought about you today and I thought I'd call. I'm not surprised you didn't answer. Maybe you don't want to, you know, see me ever again, and I get that but I'm not going to stop trying. I think we have something, Lucy. No, I know we have something here, and I'm so sorry I couldn't say those words to you, I just..." He pauses, and I hear him sigh. "It's really hard for me, Lucy, you have no idea, and I... I just miss you. I'm sorry."

I lower the phone from my ear, and I stare at it in my hand. One down, fourteen more to go but I refuse to listen to anymore. Hearing his voice once was hard enough, hearing it enough fourteen times will only hurt me.

     Every single part of me wants to see him. I miss him more than he'll ever know— more than anyone knows— and I want to run off and see him. Is that pathetic? Probably, but I don't care. He's right in saying that we have something because I truly believe that we do.