𝟎𝟐𝟗. 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝

AS IF IT NEVER ENDED
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter twenty-nine,
Gilmore Girls — Season Two

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter twenty-nine, Gilmore Girls — Season Two

July 6th, 2001

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

     FUNNILY ENOUGH, mine and Tristan's original anniversary was on the 6th, and our new anniversary is also on the 6th. Surprisingly, we got back together on the 6th of June after being separated for twenty-two crappy days.

Since we missed our seventh month anniversary, we're making today our seventh and eighth month anniversary all rolled into one. We've decided that our three week "break" was a sabbatical, and it will never be discussed again. I'm happy to never mention our separation again, and Tristan definitely doesn't want to relive it as he's already told me.

     This past month of being back together has been extraordinary. Surprisingly, the town has welcomed him back in with open arms, and I barely had to convince anyone to accept him again. Tristan swore to every single townsfolk that he isn't going anywhere this time as well as telling everyone that he is crazy in love with me.

     Even Addy welcomed him back with open arms. Well, she slapped him first— around the arm, not the face— and then she hugged him. She warned him that if he ever broke my heart again, she'd actually kill him. The only reason she restrained herself the first time was because of his darling sister who Addy still loves a ridiculous amount.

     Me and Tristan are back for good this time, and hopefully nothing will separate us again. We love each other, and things are different this time. Everything feels perfect this time around, even after our silly separation.

     The only person I struggled to convince was my dad. He nearly punched Tristan the second he walked into the diner. He stared him down, tried to intimidate him, and when Tristan stood tall and didn't falter, Dad pointed his finger at him and said, "Hurt my kid again, you'll be dead before you hit the ground."

     Is threatening a sixteen-year-old wise? No, but my dad really doesn't care.

     Tristan shook his hand, apologised profusely, and assured my dad that he loves me. He isn't going anywhere, and I think my dad actually believes him. Besides, he's the one who pushed me to get in the car and see him. He's the one who got us to where we are now. I have him to thank for forcing me to listen to the messages.

     I think my dad likes him again... Maybe.

     Oh, and today to celebrate our eight-month anniversary, he'll be meeting two of the most important people in my life besides Dad and Addy.