Siya smiled as Adhira intervened.
" She means so much to him, that he spent ten thousand rupees and got her ALL the pair of jhumkas from the jhumka seller. He even took her out to eat Pani-puri, but that was only because she insisted. Besides, the dress she's wearing? He bought it for her."

The ladies hovering around the couple and Siya broke into a fit of squeals.

" Jhumke?"

" Ten Thousand?"

" Pani-puri?"

" God this is so sweet!"

" That was solely because he made me mad!" Aranya interrupted.

" Oh...you made her mad?"

" Ari rarely gets mad!"

" What did you do Prince Agastya?"

A moment ago they were all gushing about how nice a boyfriend Agastya was, and now they all ganged up against him.

Women are scary Avyaan thought with a shudder as he turned towards Karan and Shreyas, silently urging them to step in alongside him to save the man.

The two sighed and nodded.

But before either of them could say something, Mayank Rathore, Agastya's best-friend decided to step in, for he'd been silently cackling at his best-friend's situation, earning glares from him and when he finally was able to stifle his laughter, he cut in.
" Ladies, ladies. Excuse me. I don't know about either of you, but I love dancing! So I must ask my dear friend who, as well, is the host, that when would we be permitted to dance?"

" Oh yes! He's right. I've been wanting to dance for a while too. When do we get to dance?" Maanvi asked him.

Agastya sighed and nodded.
" After an announcement..." He said turning towards Aranya, " If you'd just come along?"

She narrowed her eyes at him but nonetheless wrapped her hand around his arm as they walked towards the middle of the dance floor.

He instructed that the music be turned down and someone let out a whine in the background.

" That was my favorite part of the song!"

He held a glass and a spoon in the air, tapping the glass with it gently.
" May I have your attention please?"

And everyone had their eyes on the two.

" What is he upto?" Karan muttered.

" Public announcement."

" For what?"

" To announce his relationship publicly you dumbass!"

" I thought people already knew?"

" He wants to confirm it, that's his choice, tu kyu apna dimaag ladha raha hai. Jab ladhana hota hai tab toh nahi ladhata, tab pata nahi kaunsi ghaas charne jaata hai tera dimaag. Ab kyu itna soch raha hai?" Shreyas let out an exasperated sigh while Karan frowned.
"-Why are you rattling your brains over it? You never usually do it when needed, at that very particular time, you alone know where do you send it off to nibble on what hay. Now why are you thinking so much?"