9. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄

♪✰❄︎𖤍❄︎✰♪

𝑳𝑼𝑵𝑨

The new park was spectacular, filled with all sorts of exciting rides and attractions. The roller coaster ride was a thrill, with twists and turns that left riders breathless.

Another ride, which I won't name for now,was just as exciting, while a third ride provided a breathtaking view of the surrounding landscape.

All of the rides made for an unforgettable experience, and the park's beautiful setting added to the enjoyment.

Just as I finished the roller coaster ride with Travis. I was feeling a bit winded and dizzy.

Actually, I'm afraid of height. I just accept to make Travis happy and before you ask, he didn't know about it. It's one of the secrets I'm keeping for him.

I heard someone calling my name and I jerk out of my thought. It was Travis, holding a cone of ice cream in his hand. "I brought you something to cool you off"

He handed me the ice cream,and I took a few grateful bites. It tasted delicious and was just what I needed to feel refreshed.  I smiled at Travis gratefully.

"I was really craving this, how do you know?" I says.

"Well I noticed that you looked a bit exhausted after the roller coaster ride and Luna since when did you start craving for ice cream so much?" He questioned.

"Just recently." I smile in return as I recall how I had my first ice cream with Kyle near the town library few days ago.

I had reject him getting one for me but he insisted and for once I enjoyed it. Maybe because it's coming from him.

"You seem to have change a lot since you met your new friend, I'm jealous." Travis says, making silly faces.

"You don't blame me, you nearly have time for me. You're always with Tiffany,one of the reason why we've grown far apart." I scoffs.

"I'm sorry,I didn't realize that-

"It's okay,let's not spoil the mood." I says and he laughs. "What's so funny?"

"You've got some on your face" He points at my cheek. I raise my hand to wipe it off but couldn't get it.

Travis pull me closer and lick the ice cream off my cheek.

Eew gross!!

"Why did you do that?" I cringed.

"No reason. How about one more ride before we head home?" He said and I nod with a smile.

"The sky cabin ride, are you in or out?" He spun me around to look at the ride. I gulp and nods.

"t's like a gondola that takes you up to the top of the hill, where you can enjoy the view. And don't worry, it's a pretty smooth ride."

He must have seen the tense all over my body. That's why he said that. We got in line and soon found ourselves sitting down in the comfortable seats of the gondola.

We started to rise, I could feel myself getting a little nervous, but I tried to stay calm and enjoy the experience.

Everything was going just fine as we rise higher and higher into the sky. I was enjoying the view of the park and the surrounding area,when suddenly, Travis said. "Hey, look at the ground below, it's so beautiful"

I followed his suggestion and peered over the edge of the gondola. The view was dizzying and a little scary, but I kept my eyes on the ground.

Then suddenly, the gondola started to tilt,and I jumped at the sound,my stomach lurched and I hear people around me screaming. I start to sweats.

"Luna, are you okay?" Travis asks.

I try to nod but I saw something even more terrifying, the gondola was slowly tilting, and we were sliding downward,t owards the ground far below.

"Travis!" I yell, clinging to him in terror. "We're going to fall!"

"No, we're not." he said, trying to sound calm and reassuring. "The gondola has safety features to prevent this kind of thing."

Even his words didn't convince me enough. I just want to get off this damn thing! "You sure?" I gulps as he pulls me close and hug me.

"Trust me. I'm here"

His words were reassuring but I'm still so scared. "Are you afraid of height?" The question came as a shock to me.

"How do you find out?" I was embarrassed.

"It's pretty obvious now" He reply.

"I'm sorry for keeping it a secrets-

"It's okay,you don't always have to tell me everything" He rasp. I could tell he feel betrayed. All this years I never mentioned it, not even once.

"I can make it up to you if you want, I'll do anything" I found myself saying.

"Let's save that for later, We still have ten more minutes before the ride stops and we can't requests for a stop just because you're afraid of height" He say and check his wristwatch.

"What should I do then?"

"I only have one solution and that's if you'll do it." Travis says. "Of course,I'll do anything like I said" I says.

"I want to be your first kiss before him. I really feel like kissing you right now" He says, and grab my tiny waist. "

What are you saying?"

"Everytime I see you, I wanna grab you and kiss the shit outta you Luna"

♪✰❄︎𖤍❄︎✰♪

Spoilers ahead.... We'll be getting into something in the next chapter so stay turned,

Please do votes and comments please if you like today's chapter.

Xoxo 💖