Chapter 12: We have to keep moving

Start from the beginning

The next day. Trunks woke up early and instead of doing his training that he usually does in the morning, he decided to work on the time machine. After a couple of hours, Trunks heard a knock at his door, Trunks put away the time machine and went to answer the door. The person at the door was Kakashi as he told Trunks to join him on the way to the hokage office. Trunks said okay and went to quickly clean himself up and then after a few minutes Trunks came out and walked with Kakashi to the hokage office. On the way, Kakashi asked what he did to lift Naruto's spirit and Trunks told him how he told Naruto about his old master and how he felt when he died. After Trunks finished, Kakashi told Trunks that Shikamaru did something similar too and all of a sudden Naruto was more or less back to his normal self. Trunks smiled when he heard this as he knew if anyone were to help Naruto, it would be him or Shikamaru. The two made it to the hokage building and went up to the office. When they entered the office, they saw that everyone was there and they were talking about the message Jiraiya left before he died. Trunks and Naruto saw each other and smiled and nodded at each other before joining the rest in the conversation. At some point in the conversation, Tsunade said that Shizune is heading up the autopsy but it will take a little while before they can learn more about the Pain clone Jiraiya killed. Naruto, with impatience, said he'll go tell them to speed it up and began walking towards the door. Sakura got upset and told Naruto to not mess with Shizune or she'll beat him up. Naruto stopped and said he will avenge Jiraiya, Sakura's face changed from a face of annoyance to concern as everyone else in the room also made some sort of expression of their own. "I can't just sit around and do nothing" exclaimed Naruto, Fukasaku then said that this has nothing to do with Naruto which really upset him. Fukasaku continued by saying he isn't nearly strong enough to even hold a candle to Pain, he then said if he were to fight now he would die a senseless death. Naruto asked him if he's suggesting that he should forget about avenging Jiraiya which Fukasaku replied by saying absolutely not. He then said that he was actually there to pick him up and train him in sage jutsu. Naruto was really surprised by this and Kakashi said that that would be a great plan if Naruto were to learn sage jutsu. Fukasaku said he also wants to avenge his students death and believes Naruto can be the one to defeat him, he continues by saying that he'll train him on mount myoboku and do the same thing he did with Jiraiya with Naruto. Fukasaku asked Tsunade if she's okay with it which she agrees, he then says this training will be a lot more rigorous than Naruto can ever imagine. Naruto smiles at this comment and says he'll do it and Fukasaku smiled. They all went outside and went towards the gate, once they were outside the gate, Naruto said, "I'm off now. Shikamaru, I'm counting on you with the code", "don't worry about us" replied Shikamaru, "I will leave a messenger frog behind in case you need to contact us" said Fukasaku, "yes sir" replied Tsunade respectfully, "good luck Naruto" said Sakura, "right" replied Naruto, "you better come back stronger so we can have a little spar" said Trunks pointing out gesturing for a fist bump, "you better not slack off either" replied Naruto, they both smiled and gave each other a fist bump. They both then disappeared and Tsunade and the rest started walking back into the village but then Trunks, who didn't move from his spot said, "actually I'll heading out as well", "what" said Sakura and Shikamaru surprised, Tsunade turned around as well with a face of shock but before she said anything, Trunks said, "I've been meaning to head out for a little while to do some training of my own but also to continue searching for the materials I've been tasked to find by miss Tsunade", Trunks then threw a look at Tsunade and then she said, "o-oh yes of course Trunks you may leave the village to continue your mission. Do you need supplies or want someone to accompany you on your journey" asked Tsunade, "no I'll be fine I already have an idea of where I'll be going to look for these rare materials", "and where is that" asked Shikamaru, "one of the islands near the hidden mist village, there's a pretty good chance that I'll find what I'm looking for due to the environment" replied Trunks, "hidden mist village huh? That's a bit far" said Shikamaru. "Don't worry I have my ways to get there in a few days" said Trunks with a smirk, Trunks then waved and said goodbye and began walking down the path, "be careful Trunks and come back stronger" said Sakura, Shikamaru and Tsunade said similar things and Trunks turned around and gave them a thumbs up.

 "Don't worry I have my ways to get there in a few days" said Trunks with a smirk, Trunks then waved and said goodbye and began walking down the path, "be careful Trunks and come back stronger" said Sakura, Shikamaru and Tsunade said similar thing...

The three then turned around and went back into the village. While they were walking, Sakura asked, "so master Tsunade, what kind of mission have you given Trunks", "his mission is to collect rare materials for out scientists in the village and Trunks has proven himself to be quite an explorer which is why I've given him the role to find and collect these rare materials", "I see. I've always wondered why he would leave the village all alone without letting us know but I assume he told us now because he might be gone for a little while" said Sakura. "Will Trunks be okay on his own, if I'm not mistaken he's already had an encounter with the akatsuki" said Shikamaru, "don't worry, he's more capable of handling himself than you think" replied Tsunade. The three made it to the hokage building and entered it and resumed their objective which is to continue decoding the message left behind by Jiraiya and wait for the autopsy to be finished.

___________________________________________________

Hello readers. Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter as it took me a little while to write (i.e. laziness). We'll get back to action in the next chapter and I'm pretty excited to begin writing it. As always constructive criticism is welcomed.

That's all I have to say so until..Goodbye :)