outta town

rue and leighton hadn't talked in two days, sure they see each other around campus and give a quick 'whats up' smile, but they didn't talk, didn't kiss, didn't hook up. rue was now busier with the whole extacy thing and her classes. she met leighton's roommate bela in her biochem class. 

rue asked leighton to meet her at the front gate of essex, she had the whole weekend planned for the two. rue sat in her car, which she had asked chris to bring over to her, when she spotted leighton. 

"hey" she said as the blonde got in 

"hi" leighton couldn't help but lean in and place a chaste kiss to her lips 

"feeling a bit risky are we?" rue commented, it was evening time so anyone seeing them was unlikely. she rolled the windows down as shee started to drive off 

"so where are we going?" leighton asked 

"so, there's this bnb" rue kept one hand on the steering wheel the other in her lap asshe explained her plans keeping the concert a secret. 

"that sounds exciting" leighton spoke making rue roll her eyes 

"it'll be fun, trust me" rue knew leighton was sarcastic. 

they arrived at the bnb right when it started getting dark outside. the two checked in and hurried to the room. 

"it's alright, i guess?" leighton said as she observed the room 

"well, i am sorry it's not a palace" rue set down her bag. 

leighton hugged the girl from behind, slowly. rue placed her hand on leighton's as the latter's head buried in rue's neck, rue's other hand travelled up to leighton's hair as she turned around and placed her lips on leighton's with her tilted head. 

"hi" she smiled between the kiss, leighton followed suite 

"hello" leighton walked with rue and made rue lay down on her back, not breaking the kiss. 

the blonde tried flipping them over. 

"no, i want you on top" rue airy whispered 

"yeah no that's what i said" rue complained as she explained how abby and her boyfriend cheated in monopoly "and i lost" she fake cried, there was however some reality to it, she did feel bad on losing monopoly.

"oh my god i would not wanna play with you" leighton said as she chuckled.

"what? why? i am such a good sport" rue sarcastically commented. she knew she was the most sore loser ever. 

"yeah, you are like such a whiny baby" leighton laughed, rue fake gasped. 

"how dare you say that" rue pointed a finger at her. 

it was a moment of pure bliss, the two were sat on the bed with their backs against the wall. talking wrapped in each other. the blonde playing with the hem of rue's t shirt, rue in return, ran her hand through leighton's hair. 

"i think i like you better than anyone i know" leighton voiced her feelings. 

hearing the words it hit rue. leighton was falling for her, all those moments, the kisses, those words, everything. rue could not handle it all, not one part of her believed she deserved the girl in any way. one day or another she was only gonna end up hurting the blonde next to her. 

much to leighton's surprise, rue took her arm back and placed it on her lap, she looked down at her hands as she picked her nails. leighton straightened her back, concerned. 

"i don't think i can keep doing this" rue had a straight face through the sentence

"what- what do you mean?" 

"this" she pointed between the two of them "us, i don't think i can do that anymore" 

"i don't understand, what are you-" leighton's voice broke as her eyes filled with tears

"i wanna break up" 

"you don't mean that" she shook her head now the tears falling down "you are just saying things, you don't mean" 

rue stayed silent looking at her fingers, one of them now bleeding but she continued to pick on it's skin

"do you not care? at all?" leighton stared at rue wanting her to look back and just say, it's a joke or that she doesn't mean it "you're serious?" 

rue's heart broke at leighton's teary voice. she did not want this but it was for the best.