Chapter 3

*DIALOGUE IN BOLD IS IN ASL*

"Charlie Carrier's forty-five degrees off the port bow

"Charlie Carrier's forty-five degrees off the port bow." Maria informs the two men through her comms.

"Aw how cute. They think they can actually fight us." I say, as I let Maria handle the two agents.

She pushes back on her chair, rolling back. The two agents enter as she raises her gun. She easily shoots the two, walking back as they drop to the floor.

"Six minutes." She says, working as the timer.

"Beautiful." I comment regarding how she took care of the two agents.

"What?" Maria turns to ask me, confused on what I am talking about.

"The two agents. It was smooth." I say, hoping she catches on.

"Oh, yeah. Thanks." She smiles at me, "Although I'm sure you had a much cooler way to kill them."

"Bloodier too." I play along.

"Is that Rumlow?" Maria asks me.

"Who?" I ask, it knowing what Rumlow looks like.

"Falcon?" Maria speaks through comms.

"Yeah?" He replies.

"Rumlow's headed for the council." She tells him.

"I'm on it." He confirms that he can take care of him.

"I'm glad they have me up here with you. I feel so safe." I comment as Maria looks at me from her standing position.

"Your humor is so dry." Maria comments getting a small smile out of me.

"I do my best." I comment as Maria looks back at the computer.

"One minute." She speaks to Rogers through her comms, starting to get nervous.

"30 seconds, Cap!" She says as she turns to look at me, dread the only emotion I could see on her face.

"Stand by." Steve pained voice comes through.

"He's got this." I say as I stand and put my arm around Maria's shoulders.

"Charlie locked." Steve says, last second.

"Okay Cap, get out of there." Maria says as she sets the new targets up.

"Fire now." Steve says, Maria stops all movement.

"But, Steve..."

"Do it! Do it now!" Rogers says.

I reach over to the screen, but Maria stops me, and does it herself. I reach my hand down to grab her hand.