Love Burns - Chapter One

Start from the beginning

I met Fern during my Junior year in Yale University. My buddies and I just came from a frat party, drunk as hell, so we decided to sober up with coffee and grease at the locar diner, Henny’s.

I usually went to that diner because it was near from our dorms and convenient for grabbing a bite. At that time, Fern worked there as a waitress so you know what happens when you serve a bunch of drunk college boys, a rowdy to boot? You could imagined a couple of scenarios and mostly, it wouldn’t end particularly good. Well, mine didn’t and it was a day to remember.

Most of the employees already knew us and probably used to our obnoxiousness but Fern? She wasn't because she was new so she got annoyed with our teasing and flirting.

My buddies were busy hitting on her so I took the chance of grabbing her ass. Hey! I was drunk okay? Intoxication do that to you but unfortunately, I got my ass kicked with her ninja moves. The next day my buddies teased me about it so I went back to the diner and apologized for my behaviour .

It was the first time I worked hard for an apology.

I gave her flowers, chocolates, the works. I even hired a singing group to serenade her just to say sorry.

But of course, I got the usual shutdown so I did the old fashion way.

William Shakespeare.

I was well versed with his work so I swayed her with classic literature hook, line and sinker.

From then on, we got to know each other. She was also from Yale. She majored in English like myself and wanted to work in a publishing firm. She was a great girl with an amazing personality and I realized one day that I was falling for her. I plucked the courage to ask her out and to my amazement, she said yes.

After several dates, substantial conversations, remarkable sex and finally, graduation. I asked her to move with me to Cleveland because I got offered to teach English at Wakefield High. At first she was hesitant as she was used to being in Connecticut but when I told her they had a great publishing firm, that was all it took to pack her bags and squeal in excitement.

Right after we settled in, she went immediately to apply for a spot in the firm. To my utter satisfaction, she got hired on the spot and had her work immediately the next day.

I could say things were going right for us.

"You should be proud that we're going strong," she said while tightening her hold on my waist.

I chuckled. "Yes, I am proud. So got any plans later?"I asked as I tucked a loose strand of her blond hair behind her ear.

"I have a surprise for you later," she said waggling her eyebrows. Oh boy, when she did that, it meant something...raunchy?

I pouted giving her my best bambi expression. "I hate surprises. Tell me."

She groaned. "Oh babe! Not that look please."

"Pleeaaaseee!" I pleaded as I intensified my bambi eyes.

She scowled then shook her head from side to side. "Nuh uh. No. Not gonna happen."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. Be that way."

She grinned wickedly, a mischievous glint flashed into her blue eyes. "As much I like seeing you in a towel, you're going to be late for your first day at work."

My hands traveled to her hips then stayed there, gripping it tighter. "What if I want to be late?"I murmured, indecent thoughts flying in my head.

“You naughty boy!" she gasped then slapped my chest playfully.