Roommate

I received a text message from someone first thing in the evening, but before I get to check what the it says, I heard the door bell rang from outside. Deciding whether to check the text message first or the visitor outside my room, a familiar, cheerful and sweet voice called out to me.

"Hi there, Ayanokouji-kun."

I walked towards the front door and looked from the peephole to see Kushida in her school uniform. I opened the door and noticed her holding two bags on each side. Refusing to elaborate, she takes off her shoes at the front door and made her way towards my room, leaving the two bags behind and casually sat on my bed.

"What are you doing here?"

"Bring my bags over here first?"

I sighed and carried the two bags over to the bedroom and drops them in front of her.

"Thanks~"

She knelt down and opens the first bag, revealing a folded towel, lotions, make-ups and other female necessities inside it. This caught my attention and soon began to piece everything together, leaving quite of a displeasure on my part.

"I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to say no."

"What are you talking about?"

"You plan on staying here, am I right?"

"Hmm~? Since when did you notice?"

"Just now. My guess is that the second bag contain your clothes. And judging by its heaviness, I can say that it's quite a lot."

The first bag is already full of other items that her clothes won't fit inside and so she brought a second bag to store them inside.

"As expected of Ayanokouji-kun. I'm impressed."

"Whatever. I have a bunch of questions to ask."

"Go ahead."

She urges me to talk while she takes out every single items and places them one by one on the floor.

"What happened?"

"Well, basically, the air conditioner in my room is not working, so I bought a new one. According to what the staff said to me, I have to wait until the new one gets delivered."

Again, because she brought so much clothes with her, I can tell that it will take some time for her new AC to arrive.

"How long will it take?"

Despite knowing the answer already, I still asked her just to make sure.

"I don't know. Weeks? Months? Who knows?"

"But why did you go to my room? Wouldn't it be better to go to someone else's room? Like a female friend's?"

I can understand why she wouldn't go to Horikita, considering how sour their relationship is with each other. It also makes sense why she wouldn't ask our classmates for help especially after what happened during the unanimous exam, where her true identity got exposed and she lost many of her friends.

But she can ask the school to provide her another room. If not, then she can just reach out to a friend from another class who isn't aware of her true nature. Why choose mine? It would be very suspicious to have someone of an opposite sex to be my roommate. This makes me more cautious since this is Kushida I'm talking.

"This room is much better. Not that many furnitures inside, making it quite spacious. It's perfect."

That raises a problem. One, a female classmate going in and out of my room might stir some strange rumors, which I don't like. Is it because it was me who revealed her true identity, that she chose my place? Is this her way of getting her revenge? I guess that makes sense. Kind of.