As he walked along in his crouch, he looked around as he observed what was around him.

Just another road of ruined city buildings.

As Kirito and the others quickly ran along the road, hacking, slashing, and blazing away at everything around them, they decided to take shelter in a building for just a moment. As they all took a small break, suddenly Sabrina came forward with what looked like an ointment.

Kirito looked at it as he asked, "What's this for?"

"For the burn Phantom gave you." Sabrina said cheerfully.

Kirito gave her a look.

"Was it really a burn though?" he asked them.

"Dude, he just talked smack about your girlfriend... besides, considering where we are, and what's going on, we all need the morale boost..." Theodosius said.

Kirito sighed before he said, "Next time.... go off on something that is a real burn... or something else like that..."

Everyone gave a nod as Kirito looked outside and then said to them, "We need to continue to move on..."

Everyone got up as they reloaded and quickly sharpened their weapons before Kirito busted open the door and they ran out back into the danger outside.

Phantom stopped at the edge of the plank bridge as he looked below. The wooden plants of varying size had been arranged over the over-hanging sign and as he looked below,  he sighed as he said, "It had to be a Horde..." and then he slowly began to walk across the sign.

The Infected below teemed like an ocean of churning waves and as he tried to concentrate on the task at hand, he was straining his body to not take normal steps as he took the steps one at a time. The sign creaked and shifted beneath him and as he wobbled for a moment, it looked like he would loose his balance.

But then he regained his balance and slowly continued to cross the bridge as he wondered who had put these in and why they had to do it right here.

But as he looked across he realized what he was looking at.

The apartment complex had the torn, ragged banners of the Rangers from before and as he slowly walked over the sign, and as he made his way towards the end, he felt the sign slightly shifted again. He kept going when suddenly it gave way altogether and he hurled himself towards the edge and he barely caught the edge as he managed to haul himself up and as he looked below, the sign had crushed at least a dozen or so Infected beneath it.

He shook his head as he continued onward, hoping this old base would have some good loot.

Once he was on ground level, he cautiously approached the entrance of the fortress, which had been barricaded with a burnt out car but he easily saw it was on rails and he managed to push it aside as he then flicked on the NVG's he had on his head.

Although there were many windows within the fortress, from the looks of it all, everything had been barricade in case of an attack by the Infected around and it left the halls dark and foreboding as Phantom slowly walked along. He had the assault rifle he had borrowed as he slowly walked along the halls. He wish he knew where the others were or how far away the were but he knew they were fine being on their own and as he walked around, he hoped he would fine some good loot nearby.

But then, he heard something in a nearby hallway and he stopped as he looked down it and as he did, he managed a glimpse of movement into a doorway.