#11 Nayee boss, naye kaarname (I)

Start from the beginning

He was with Tanvi this morning, with the other officers behind them. He knocked on the door to Abhay sir's cabin. No longer Abhay sir's cabin as he was deployed elsewhere on emergency duties. The team working on Shakti aircraft was about to meet their new boss.

Samrat knocked again, three distinct raps then turned the doorknob and entered the cabin, Tanvi and others behind them.

"Sir!" He called out to the figure seated in the chair whose front he couldn't see.

The swivel chair rotated with dramatic slowness. And it turned out, he was supposed to say "madam" not "sir." The name he read in the morning report, though - Harjot Bhatia. He thought -

 He thought -

"I... I'm sorry, Madam!" He recovered from the shock of the discovery and offered a crisp salute. Next to him Tanvi and others did the same.

Harjot Bhatia was indeed a woman in her early forties but looking much younger, with clear pale skin, flawless smile and piercing eyes. Samrat held his breath and stiffened his posture further as she scrutinised him from head to toe.

"Samrat Singh Shekawat!" Harjot lips twist into a haughty smirk. "You are the lead pilot and team lead, huh? Tumhe kya lagta hai? Tumhari superior officer ek aurat nahi ho sakti?"

"Nahi, ma'am, no!" Samrat keeps his tone even, though under pressure from her glare. "Subah, I read your name Harjot toh.... I'm sorry."

Harjot is an unisex name

Harjot is an unisex name. Samrat should have known and. casually might have assumed it was a man. Tanvi threw Samrat a sympathetic look. Harjot's eyes only hardened, and she huffed, folding her arms, glaring at the rest of the officers.

"Yaha par maujood ek-ek mard ki niyat ko main pehchanti hoon. Bhale hi unke chehre par unke feelings na dikhe! I know their male ego... I don't know Abhay ne tum logon ko kaise handle kiya. Lekin ab se main jo kahungi, tum logon ko maan lena hoga, bina sawal kiye!"

 Lekin ab se main jo kahungi, tum logon ko maan lena hoga, bina sawal kiye!"