15. 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 !!!

♪✰❄︎𖤍❄︎✰♪

𝑳𝑼𝑵𝑨

Molly had excused herself to use the bathroom, so I was left alone in the pool with Travis and Ashley. I smiled and started swimming on my own. Suddenly, I felt a hand wrap around my waist, and I recognized the familiar cologne. It was Kyle!

"Guess who?" he said, flashing me a smile.

"Of course it's you! How could I not recognize you?" I replied, unable to hide my amusement.

"I'm flattered." He said and I grins and made to break free from him but then, he spoke.

"I'm not really good at swimming, can I hold onto you like this." Kyle asks.

I was surprised to hear this. "You can't swim?" I asks, my tone reflecting my disbelief.

Kyle shook his head. "I never had the chance to learn. We don't have a pool at home, and there aren't any pools nearby."

"That's too bad." I replied. "Swimming is such a useful skill, and it's really funny how you can't swim!"

"Stop making fun of me!" he protests, pouting. I laughed, but quickly stopped when I noticed the hurt look on his face.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"It's okay, I forgive you. I'm just not used to being bad at something, you know?"

I reached out and touched his wet hair, and he smiled at me. "You look hotter with your wet hair." He smirk proudly and pull me even closer.

"You think?" I nods.

"Was your friend always like that, or does he just not like me?" Kyle slowly released me from his embrace.

"Travis?" I ask, surprised.

"Yeah, he left the pool as soon as I joined you" I turned, realizing that Travis and Ashley had indeed left the pool. I hadn't even noticed.

"Don't worry." I reassured Kyle. "It's not because of you."

But deep down, I couldn't help but wonder why Travis was acting so strange tonight. He'd better be prepared to answer all my questions in the morning.

"Let's play a game!" Kyle suddenly said and grabs my hand.

"What kind of game?" I ask curiously.

"The last person to reach the edge of the pool owes the other one something!" Without another word, he dived into the water and swam to the far end of the pool.

I was so surprised, it took me a moment to move. When I finally did I dove into the water and swam as fast as I could. Kyle was already halfway back to the starting point, but I wasn't about to give up.

I swam as hard as I could, my arms and legs moving frantically. I was getting closer and closer to him, but then I felt a cramp in my leg.

I tried to keep swimming, but the cramp was too painful. I had to stop. Kyle swam back to me and grabbed my arm.

"Are you okay?" he asked, concern in his eyes. I nodded, trying to catch my breath.

"What the heck? I thought you couldn't swim?" He chuckled.

"Never said that!" he replied.

"Yes, you did!" I protests, frowning.

"It's a long story, one for another day" He said, smiling. "Now, to collect my reward." He wrapped his arms around my waist again, and I held my breath. Why was he so touchy-feely all of a sudden?

"What are you doing?" I ask as he started leaning in, as if to kiss me.

"Collecting my reward, obviously." he said, his face close to mine.