Shadow Reckoning - Chapter 103

The dust settled on the battlefield, nearly a thousand warriors of approximately nine hundred and eighty one lay strewn across the ground, their forms silent testaments to the intensity of the conflict. With the chaos subsiding, the members of the Shadowed Symphony regrouped, their gazes meeting in silent understanding of the battle's toll.

Emerging from the shadows above, Leeani descended from her perch in the trees, her footsteps swift as she joined her comrades below, her voice echoing with uncertainty.

"Is it over?" she questioned, her eyes searching the faces of her fellow fighters for signs of resolution.

Kazaks, ever vigilant, immediately spotted a new threat on the horizon, his voice cutting through the tension with urgency.

"The archers!" he exclaimed, his words sending a shiver of apprehension through the gathered group.

"Archers? Where?" Qarek inquired, his brow furrowed in concern as he scanned the surrounding landscape for signs of danger.

Kazaks wasted no time in relaying the grim news, his tone resolute despite the odds stacked against them.

"There are archers above, watching from afar! The fight is far from over!" he declared, his words a stark reminder of the ever-present danger they faced.

Zach, their stalwart leader, wasted no time in issuing orders, his voice a beacon of command amidst the uncertainty.

"Jiighual, ready your shield," he instructed, his tone firm as he prepared his team for the next wave of battle.

"Alright, captain!" Jiighual responded, his voice filled with determination as he braced himself for the challenges that lay ahead.

Zach's voice cut through the tension like a blade, commanding attention and focus from his weary comrades as they prepared for the next onslaught.

"Everyone, all of us will take cover behind Jiighual's pavise shield. And everyone, activate your tattoos. This might seem like a long fight," he declared, his words carrying the weight of their shared determination to prevail against the looming threat.

"Got it, captain!" Andhur, Jiighual, Qarek, and Leeani responded in unison, their voices a chorus of readiness as they acknowledged Zach's orders.

With a collective sense of purpose, the four warriors moved into position, each unleashing the power of their tattoos with practiced precision. Symmetrical patterns adorned their foreheads, each marking a warrior's allegiance to the Shadowed Symphony, while a single eye at the center served as a reminder of their unwavering vigilance in the face of danger.

 Symmetrical patterns adorned their foreheads, each marking a warrior's allegiance to the Shadowed Symphony, while a single eye at the center served as a reminder of their unwavering vigilance in the face of danger

Qarek's tattoo