Ch. XXIV ✡Spider's Aid & Sparring✡

✡✡✡
THREE DAYS LATER...
✡✡✡

THE SHARP SOUND OF A KNIFE'S TIP BEING stabbed repeatedly into the flooring along with the pitter patter of heels rings through your ears, and you can't help but glance down the moment little Niffty rushes past you, chasing after what appears to be a cockroach that somehow snuck into the hotel and is now facing its possible doom. 

Curiously, you watch this little game of cat and mouse between this one-eyed demoness and a cockroach, slightly amused at the fact that the knife is almost taller than her, and her pink colored eye has turned bloodshot red, holding a psychotic stare while she brings the knife down at the moment she thinks is right. 

She's quite similar to Alastor, for they share the same psychotic gaze. Creepy as much as it is sweet.

Though it is entertaining to simply stand and watch her, you also can't help but flinch, for each attempt she makes leaves quite the mark on the fresh wooden flooring that took you and Angel Dust a week to put together and polish.

And it certainly isn't a job you want to do once again, your back won't allow it.

Exhaling softly, you approach her. "Niffty?"
The knife comes down once more--this time, merely an inch from your toes, as the cockroach makes its escape through your feet and dives into a crack in the wall to your left, disappearing for good.

Niffty's eye slowly raises to meet yours, smiling and chuckling in a nervous manner knowing she nearly stabbed your foot, too blinded from the thrill of chasing the poor defenseless bug.

Even though she's quite the...energetic one, whenever she stands near you or is in front of you, she shells up immensely and darts her gaze.  
You can't tell if it's because you're a Spider Demon, or the fact that you have Zestial's demeanor.

But it's something you're used to--people becoming quiet and nervous around you. Why shouldn't they?
The only one who never showed such nervousness and hesitation was Alastor. Though that is to be expected. Especially since this is Alastor you're talking about.

You take the knife from Niffty's hand, and from the way she reacts, it was if you just took her favorite toy. Which...you probably did, judging from how much she clings to this knife as if it's a stuffed animal.

You sheathe the blade on your belt before you cross your arms over your chest and glance down at Niffty--who attempts to jump and grab the knife from your waist, though she can't reach it, only to appear more like a small child.

"Would you like some assistance?" You snap your fingers a little gleefully, upon realizing the perfect solution that's quick, efficient, and won't leave behind any damage to the hotel's walls or flooring.

Goodness why didn't you think of this before?!

"I know just the thing," you wink, "watch this."
When your eyes shut, you extend both hands in front of you, your fingers moving in sync with one another at a fast yet swift pace, while in your head you silently call upon the aid of your many friends that thrive behind walls in every building on this side of the Pentagram.

This was a practice that took you quite a long time to master, though now it's safe to say that it takes within moments for spiders to swarm under and around you, whereas when you were child, it took about half an hour to manage and control.